Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 07:18 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,310,989 times

Advertisements

1) Eat less.
2) Exercise more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 06:10 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
Every time my eyes pass over this thread I read "how can I lose weight magically?"

I'll take either / or.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-11-2017, 01:32 PM

19 posts, read 23,014 times
You seem to be looking for an easy fix, and there just isn't one. I know people who've done doctor supervised weight loss and just gained it back. I know people who have had surgery (gastric sleeve) and they have to eat differently the rest of their lives and often have other problems. You need to bite the bullet and change your lifestyle. Make better food choices - quality proteins, cut out the carbs and sugar, good oils. Then you have to move - walk, run, cycle, but do something. And those two things have to be done for the rest of your life or you will be on a gain and loss roller coaster. Make up your mind to commit to some major changes. You won't be sorry.

Old 02-11-2017, 02:31 PM

711 posts, read 687,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Every time my eyes pass over this thread I read "how can I lose weight magically?"

I'll take either / or.
Sadly, magically is what a lot of people are looking for. That's what created the $60 Billion dollar diet industry.

Old 02-12-2017, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextStage View Post
Sadly, magically is what a lot of people are looking for. That's what created the $60 Billion dollar diet industry.
Okay, I will do the old lady rant.....

Most people do not want to put effort into things now days, they want the easy fix (not just weight loss).

Things that are worthwhile usually take some effort.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:46 AM

32 posts, read 23,680 times
i think doctor give you best advice or you should search online then you get is or you don't get this then i help you ...

Old 02-17-2017, 11:17 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,539,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genericepharmacy View Post
I am facing obese state and need to reduce my obesity as soon as possible. Last year i had slim body but now i am getting obese it feel like very weird. Please help me to reduce my obesity.
If you know, please suggest me the best medication to eliminate overweight problem and where to buy it at cheap price?
There is no "magic" pill. Find a nutritionist or follow a proper diet. Excercise helps to speed up the process and get you in shape, but isn't totally necessary.

It took you a year to gain it. It will take a while to lose it now.

Old 02-19-2017, 10:27 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,644,169 times
Try the ketogenic diet. Google it.

Old 02-25-2017, 06:11 PM

13,249 posts, read 7,295,079 times
Co-worker of mine went to local weight loss doctor they give you shots with HCG put you on 500 cal a day. He lost a lot of weight but cost is $300 a month he could not afford to go more than 6 months now he stopped going I see him eating the same old food he used to eat big hamburgers and french fries. He is putting the weight back on 1-3 lbs every 2 weeks. You need to find a diet and exercise plan which will be a life long change and you can live with long term not short term. Anything that works fast will backfire on you young people in their 20's can lose weight fast but once your older it takes time and a constant vigil to stay away from bad food it's a mindset that when you are hungry have to choose carefully what you eat all foods makes us full but we have programed ourselves to eat heavy high carb meal when we get hungry and that leads to weight gain.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:11 PM

Um..... if I put myself on 500 calories a day sans HCG, I would lose all the weight for free.

I would also faint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss