Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 07:11 PM

994 posts, read 968,951 times

Advertisements

Has anyone done this . I know its wastefull, but it seems easier than just giving it away to someone else in your house hold since it will be leaving the house . I am not fat(6'2 155lbs) . I weighed 252 at my highest 11 years ago and have kept it off . I weight train 3 times a week at home . My problem is my flabby stomach and muffin top effect when sitting down.

I love carbs and occassional fast food. I am not going to stop eating either one. For fast food I stick to grilled chicken items . I have tried diet after diet and cant seem to get rid of my flab over my abs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2017, 08:55 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,487,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popwar View Post
Has anyone done this . I know its wastefull, but it seems easier than just giving it away to someone else in your house hold since it will be leaving the house . I am not fat(6'2 155lbs) . I weighed 252 at my highest 11 years ago and have kept it off . I weight train 3 times a week at home . My problem is my flabby stomach and muffin top effect when sitting down.

I love carbs and occassional fast food. I am not going to stop eating either one. For fast food I stick to grilled chicken items . I have tried diet after diet and cant seem to get rid of my flab over my abs.
add some cardio to your workouts. you may be retaining water. some pants just cause muffin tops. My body fat is 22% and some pants just hug all the wrong areas, nothing I can do about that. I don't really dump good food. I eat it, albeit over a longer course of time vs inhaling it like before.

Old 11-19-2017, 04:57 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,030,489 times
Quote:

If you can't give up carbs or fast food, then you'll always have your muffin tops and flabby belly.

You need to dump the fast food, grilled chicken included, and add cardio and plenty of water. Weight training will build muscle, but cardio will help you lose the fat. However, if your body holds fat at the belly, then it holds fat at the belly and not much other than surgery is going to correct that.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
If you can't give up carbs or fast food, then you'll always have your muffin tops and flabby belly.

You need to dump the fast food, grilled chicken included, and add cardio and plenty of water. Weight training will build muscle, but cardio will help you lose the fat. However, if your body holds fat at the belly, then it holds fat at the belly and not much other than surgery is going to correct that.
I know you're right . Its hard to stop . Water and coffee is all I drink for the most part. Right now ive been out of work for a few months so I load up on carbs at the store , when i get money so it will hold me over since I dont know when the next time ill have money to buy food

Old 11-19-2017, 08:11 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,916,614 times
Quote:

I try to give food away rather than just throwing it away. We recently had a party and had a cake. I ate a piece at the party and the next day I brought it to work. I don't want cake in my house.

Old 11-19-2017, 08:14 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:

What are you talking about here? Not taking home leftovers from a restaurant? Bottom line is, outside from the occasional splurge, to make better choices to begin with. YOu can eat a lot of good food.

Old 11-19-2017, 08:22 AM

Im talking about buying food from the store you know you shouldnt eat . But you end up eating it anyway and sabotage any chance of reaching your goal. I havent thrown food out really, just asked if anyone has.

Old 11-19-2017, 09:18 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,487,964 times
It's not the carbs it's the types of food you're eating. You're not going to get a muffin top eating moderate sized portions of good food. I eat carbs and I'm fine,

Old 11-19-2017, 09:20 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,916,614 times
Quote:
Im talking about buying food from the store you know you shouldnt eat . But you end up eating it anyway and sabotage any chance of reaching your goal. I havent thrown food out really, just asked if anyone has.
I don't buy food that I shouldn't eat from the grocery store on a regular basis. Every now and then I have a special event and I have some cake or chips at the event. In those cases I eat the stuff at the event and then give away any leftovers. I find it easier to buy good food and keep it in the house rather than stuff I know I shouldn't eat.

Old 11-19-2017, 09:20 AM

45,420 posts, read 60,608,674 times
I question how much "flab", as some of you have termed it, someone who stands 6'2" and weighs 155 pounds has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss