Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 05:52 PM

2 posts, read 1,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Happy to hear it Chevy, hope you continue to get better and stronger!

I continue to follow the premises of the diet recommendations for the most part and my results continue to be outstanding.
I have been following Gundry's diet about 90% for the past 6 weeks. I can't say I don't take pills anymore, I've been taking 10,000 IU of vitamin D3, 1200mg fish oil, and 1000mg curcumin per day. Just had some blood test last week and my D3 level was 44.4 ( gundry wants it close to 100 for RA Autoimmune Diseases) just increased it to 15,000 IU a day. You have to monitor your D3 levels monthly. And my C-Reactive Protein (CRP) levels have dropped from 15. to 5.4, (big drop), normal is 0-4.9. CRP measures your inflammation levels in your body. Another inflammation test is ESR (Erythrocyte sedimentation rate) and that one came back normal... My blood work is proving his diet works. Going to check them again in a month. When I started researching Dr. Gundry I could not find 1 person that said they tried it and it didn't work. Not 1... That was a good sign to me. Lots of people out there with opinions and criticism. But no one that actually tried it and not work. This should be all over the news in my opinion. The diet came real easy for me. I've lost 10 lbs and 1 pant size. Things are really going great...

Last edited by chevyguy60; 04-23-2019 at 06:13 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2019, 07:44 PM

30,400 posts, read 19,191,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyguy60 View Post
I have been following Gundry's diet about 90% for the past 6 weeks. I can't say I don't take pills anymore, I've been taking 10,000 IU of vitamin D3, 1200mg fish oil, and 1000mg curcumin per day. Just had some blood test last week and my D3 level was 44.4 ( gundry wants it close to 100 for RA Autoimmune Diseases) just increased it to 15,000 IU a day. You have to monitor your D3 levels monthly. And my C-Reactive Protein (CRP) levels have dropped from 15. to 5.4, (big drop), normal is 0-4.9. CRP measures your inflammation levels in your body. Another inflammation test is ESR (Erythrocyte sedimentation rate) and that one came back normal... My blood work is proving his diet works. Going to check them again in a month. When I started researching Dr. Gundry I could not find 1 person that said they tried it and it didn't work. Not 1... That was a good sign to me. Lots of people out there with opinions and criticism. But no one that actually tried it and not work. This should be all over the news in my opinion. The diet came real easy for me. I've lost 10 lbs and 1 pant size. Things are really going great...
Great stuff, yeah all of the people that reject the diet haven't actually done it....my blood work also confirmed that everything has drammatically improved since I started the diet. I've lost 45 lbs. and have no more to lose. I also take Vitamin D, prebiotic, and probiotic.

Old 04-27-2019, 06:07 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,619,009 times
I understand when people have success with a diet, they feel really happy and enthusiast about their way of eating.

But, truth be told, a diet that works for one person, may be a big fail for the next person who tries the same way of eating.

There are scads of failure-stories and videos all over the internet for just about every
way of eating under the sun.

Old 04-27-2019, 07:47 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,826,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I understand when people have success with a diet, they feel really happy and enthusiast about their way of eating.

But, truth be told, a diet that works for one person, may be a big fail for the next person who tries the same way of eating.

There are scads of failure-stories and videos all over the internet for just about every
So true!

And really no one should be getting excited about losing weight in the short term, but if the way of eating they have chosen works for the long haul.

Old 04-29-2019, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post

That's why I asked if anyone tried it and it didn't work for them and I've not found anyone that tried this diet and it did't work for them. Some people say it's too restrictive and decide not to try it but everyone I know that's followed the premises has gotten amazing results. Maybe I'll come across someone who does it and it doesn't work for but I kind of doubt it now.

Old 04-29-2019, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
So true!

And really no one should be getting excited about losing weight in the short term, but if the way of eating they have chosen works for the long haul.
I agree but what's long haul? I started the diet about 20 months ago and my results have been stunning the entire time, I never imagined that I would get the results I got because of past diet plan fails that never gave results close to this. Now in my early 60's, I have 10% bodyfat, over 45% muscle mass, low BP, low cholesterol, my A1C numbers are great and I think I can dunk a basketball again.

Old 04-29-2019, 03:54 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,017,920 times
I think the 'long haul' refers to forever - basically changing your lifestyle and way of eating on a permanent basis. If someone loses a lot of weight and then reverts to their old lifestyle and way of eating, they are likely to put the weight back on. If they change your lifestyle and way of eating forever, they are more likely to maintain their new lower weight and live a healthier life.

At least that's how it worked for me. I lost thirty pounds some 20+ years ago using the Weight Watchers points system. And maintained that weight loss using the tools I learned from WW. Now I do IF and CICO because I needed to up my protein macro and stop snacking so much. The combination of the two has been working great for me!

I don't know anything about the Plant Paradox diet, so can't really speak to that. I wish luck to any and all that are trying to lose weight!

Old 04-29-2019, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy_C View Post
I think the 'long haul' refers to forever - basically changing your lifestyle and way of eating on a permanent basis. If someone loses a lot of weight and then reverts to their old lifestyle and way of eating, they are likely to put the weight back on. If they change your lifestyle and way of eating forever, they are more likely to maintain their new lower weight and live a healthier life.

At least that's how it worked for me. I lost thirty pounds some 20+ years ago using the Weight Watchers points system. And maintained that weight loss using the tools I learned from WW. Now I do IF and CICO because I needed to up my protein macro and stop snacking so much. The combination of the two has been working great for me!

I don't know anything about the Plant Paradox diet, so can't really speak to that. I wish luck to any and all that are trying to lose weight!
Under your definition, I would say yes on long haul as I have changed my way of eating of eating permanantly, find it easy and enjoyable and can't imagine ever not following it.

Like you, I'm happy and supportive of anyone following whatever diet gives them the results they seek...Plant Paradox is the only diet plan that has ever worked for me long haul.

Old 04-29-2019, 07:59 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,911,209 times
I followed up on this and investigated a bit. People will see the irony if they follow my posts at all, but it seems to me that if you limit the foods you eat in any fashion--through IF or veganism or keto, or some hybrid--you're going to lose weight.

I'm not qualified to make a determination if this diet is valid or not. What's missing, to my mind, is the presumed benefits of autophagy. This is a process of destruction of free radicals, brought about by 12+ hours of fasting. I guess only time and further research will validate this (IF) perspective.

Old 04-29-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
I followed up on this and investigated a bit. People will see the irony if they follow my posts at all, but it seems to me that if you limit the foods you eat in any fashion--through IF or veganism or keto, or some hybrid--you're going to lose weight.

I'm not qualified to make a determination if this diet is valid or not. What's missing, to my mind, is the presumed benefits of autophagy. This is a process of destruction of free radicals, brought about by 12+ hours of fasting. I guess only time and further research will validate this (IF) perspective.
I do try to IF for about 12 hours per day so I think that definitely also is advised...Dr. Gundry (author of Plant Paradox) says he eats within a 2 hour period per day and IF the rest...but I don't think he advises that for everyone but it works for him.

So far (20 months in) all of my blood and health indicators have turned very sharply positive from being overweight, diabetes, high cholesterol, high BP when I started eating this way. All other diets I tried did not work for me so this is at least a thousand times better in my mind than anything else I tried.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss