Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 04:27 PM

352 posts, read 482,708 times

Advertisements

Dont wanna sound like this is TMI - i start with a "cleanse" of my body like cleansing tea ( aka laxative ) which makes me feel like I got all the bad stuff out so I can start fresh with new eating habits . Someone told me one time that a person can have upto 10lbs of crap inside your colon . Dunno if that is true or not . I usually feel better after I have "cleansed". I have lost 10lbs so far , by power walking everyday , eating smaller meals, more fruits and veggies and more water .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 06:47 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,948,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
It doesn't work for most people during the week, and even less people on weekends.
LOL!!!

What is the deal with all these unhealthy weight loss schemes? I liken these "master cleanses", HCG shots, coffee colonics, etc. to late night infomercial "get rich" schemes.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:45 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,024,595 times
One of your biggest problems is probably sleep deprivation. You need probably around 7 hours a night of uninterrupted sleep time. You are eating to stay awake and alert. Or alternately starving yourself because you don't eat often enough. This is a sure way to mess up your metabolism.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:25 AM

2 posts, read 4,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 109* View Post
I am trying to lose like 5 to 10 pounds by next week does anyone have any advice? Please.
Don't overexert yourself. Try to set at least 1-2 pounds per week or ask your doctor to a healthy advice in losing weight.

Jim

Old 05-10-2010, 08:01 AM

1 posts, read 2,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 109* View Post
I am trying to lose like 5 to 10 pounds by next week does anyone have any advice? Please.
yea, how about put down the fork?

seriously, there is no special miricle cure that will allow you to continue eating whatever you like and do little exercise.

just stop eating so much, (offcoarse the amount you'll have to cut down by may vary depending on how much you already eat) and exercise

I was fat between the ages of 12 to 15, some of that was growing fat, though an equal amount was just laziness

I now weigh 7st 7lbs

just stop eating anything other than a small breakfast and fruit throughout the day. There are much healthier ways to lose weight, but if you want to lose it fast this is the only way, trust me.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:26 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,477,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djf863000 View Post
I did lose 9lbs in one day, but wasn't very healthly way to do it as I almost died.
OmG LOL

Yea, That don't sound too healthy!

Old 05-11-2010, 03:29 PM

23,862 posts, read 33,533,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rose101 View Post
yea, how about put down the fork?

seriously, there is no special miricle cure that will allow you to continue eating whatever you like and do little exercise.

just stop eating so much, (offcoarse the amount you'll have to cut down by may vary depending on how much you already eat) and exercise

I was fat between the ages of 12 to 15, some of that was growing fat, though an equal amount was just laziness

I now weigh 7st 7lbs

just stop eating anything other than a small breakfast and fruit throughout the day. There are much healthier ways to lose weight, but if you want to lose it fast this is the only way, trust me.
This post is 2 years old - 05-02-2008

Old 05-14-2010, 06:19 PM

1,020 posts, read 2,531,927 times
Cut off your head. It weighs 10-20 lbs. Oh, wait, you probably wanted to lose fat. Well, if you want to KEEP it off, you should do it gradually (1-3 lbs per week if you're within 30 lbs of ideal weight, and no more than 5 or 6 lbs a week if you're very large). Cut down portions, eat foods that are calorically less dense but filling (veges and fiber). Nothing wrong with enjoying a nice dessert, but if it's on a standard dinner plate, run away or share it with a few people. Calories in - calories out < 0 is the name of the game for weight management.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:30 PM

1,020 posts, read 2,531,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
This post is 2 years old - 05-02-2008
So it is...

Old 08-16-2010, 08:26 AM

737 posts, read 1,648,531 times
I do the Dash diet and it really works had a relapse because my son doesn't like alot of the foods but he is starting to come around. Buy food for him and me separate wasn't an option cost was way to high.

My way of doing the dash diet is all the fruit and vegs I want low fat low salt meats (cold cuts) I also buy low chicken wings ready made but look for the ones with the lower salt content.

I also like the Nature made 100% whole grain with no sugar or addtives mostly.

Lots of vegs and fruits (fiber as well should be included)

I have high blood pressure and this diet did wonders and a bonus was weight loss I mean it dropped pretty fast and my doctor didn't even complain about to fast of weight loss.

I also do the lower salt intake. Sometimes even less salt then the low one on the page.

Chicken is great on this one if you wanna make your own which I also do. Try a beef stew which chicken or Lean beef.

Always buy lean meats and remove skins from the chicken.

People are raving about how they are losing wight on this diet and it healthy also. I didn't go on it for a diet but high blood pressure and the weight loss was a bonus as I said.

Most of my fruits and vegs are high in Fiber and Potassium.

I can eat 3 or more meals a day and snack all day long if I wanna and still loss weight on this diet. All the fruits and vegs you want.

I have done the Adkins diet that thought me eat eat eat the more you eat the more you lose. With this diet you don't have to eat alot to loss but if you habit from Atkins this one will do you a world of good and much more healthier for you.
Or instead of buying lean meat I will catch it discounted and then remove as much fat as I can myself.
I love to buy meat that has been discounted as long as it still looks good and was just discounted if it looks bad I want touch it myself how they say it is still and and more favor I just want do it.
Remember to remove as much fat yourself as possible or buy chicken and remove the skin.

Skim milk or 1% and low fat cheese and low fat yogurt.

Last edited by tao; 08-16-2010 at 09:43 AM.. Reason: No ads allowed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss