Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2020, 11:43 AM

16,430 posts, read 8,242,983 times

Advertisements

I haven't had any alcohol since Wednesday night. Doing better there and with exercising. Still need to work on food. My aunt brought over cake and cupcakes last night and my mom made a ziti bake with ricotta cheese along with some meatballs and sausage. Had to indulge there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2020, 07:25 AM

88,618 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I haven't had any alcohol since Wednesday night. Doing better there and with exercising. Still need to work on food. My aunt brought over cake and cupcakes last night and my mom made a ziti bake with ricotta cheese along with some meatballs and sausage. Had to indulge there.
No, you didn't have to indulge there. Crazy thought, I know.

Of course, I guess it depends upon what you mean by indulge. Taste a little of something when someone brings it to your house, maybe. I would do that, too. But why on earth would your aunt bring over cake and cupcakes and your mother bring you something as horrible as a "ziti bake" with meatballs and sausage if they know you are trying to lose weight? I don't really get it. I know it's hard to turn down when it's thrown in your face, but I think you're going to have to learn to tell them that you will taste a bit of what they made (but you should probably not touch cake/cupcakes at all and forget the pasta but eat a bit of the meatballs and sausage to be polite) but that you made yourself a big salad and are going to have that alongside the sampling.

Moms are weird that way, I know. I remember when I was living back home for a time with my daughter after a fire and a divorce I would mention in the morning that I was going to be working on losing a few pounds and when I got home, I would discover that my mother had made a cake or some chocolate chip cookies. It happened too many times to be coincidental that I would say something about needing to lose weight and that would set off some BAKE! instinct in her. LOL. Food is love to them.

Old 11-02-2020, 07:51 AM

I dont think my aunt and mom are that aware of me trying to lose weight. I guess i also don't think a small portion of ziti bake and meatballs is THAT bad? Cake and cupcakes are another story.

If i had it my way i'd be eating pan fried chicken breast stuffed with ham and cheese and smothered with a bechamel sauce. lol. LOL. That is my kind of meal...but good bye to that for a while.

Old 11-02-2020, 12:21 PM

1,462 posts, read 974,893 times
Quote:
I dont think my aunt and mom are that aware of me trying to lose weight. I guess i also don't think a small portion of ziti bake and meatballs is THAT bad? Cake and cupcakes are another story.

If i had it my way i'd be eating pan fried chicken breast stuffed with ham and cheese and smothered with a bechamel sauce. lol. LOL. That is my kind of meal...but good bye to that for a while.
I wouldn't take it away all together. You should 'treat' yourself to a day of eating what you want, but you need to make sure you are eating right the rest of the week, even if there are distraction foods around for the rest of the family. You need some will power to help with your cravings. You can treat yourself when you follow your exercise regimen the rest of the week. You have to want to lose the weight to help motivate you to take the time to exercise and make exercise part of your regular day. Good luck OP!

Old 11-02-2020, 01:13 PM

thank you! i feel like i'm in a pretty good place right now. i told my dh i lost a few lbs and he was shocked id reached 140. Im still 141 as of this morning but that's better than the 145 i was last week.

Old 11-02-2020, 02:52 PM

Quote:

You are making me hungry!

I think all macaroni is bad. It's paper mache that just sticks to the inside of your colon lol. I didn't grow up eating it, though, so I can easily leave it alone. I don't get the attraction. It tastes like a mouthful of mush to me.

I will take the chicken, ham, and cheese in bechamel sauce, though! Yum.

But no. Fish and vegetables is what has taken the weight off of me. Other stuff, too, but in limited amounts. If I had my way I would eat cheese every day!

I thought you had said your family was remarking on your weight gain do I thought they knew you were trying to lose.

Old 11-02-2020, 02:53 PM

Quote:
thank you! i feel like i'm in a pretty good place right now. i told my dh i lost a few lbs and he was shocked id reached 140. Im still 141 as of this morning but that's better than the 145 i was last week.
Oh, so you are only a little overweight! That isn't bad!

Old 11-02-2020, 03:04 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,586,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Hogwash. Calories are calories.
6 Reasons Why a Calorie Is Not a Calorie
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...-not-a-calorie

Old 11-02-2020, 06:40 PM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Oh, so you are only a little overweight! That isn't bad!
lol, well it feels bad when i was 120 about 2 years ago.

I honestly don't eat pasta often at all. I'm not saying I dont like it, but I dont cook it and i really don't order it when eating out. But when mom brings over a pasta meal made with ricotta cheese, you eat just a little

Old 11-03-2020, 07:33 AM

Quote:
lol, well it feels bad when i was 120 about 2 years ago.

I honestly don't eat pasta often at all. I'm not saying I dont like it, but I dont cook it and i really don't order it when eating out. But when mom brings over a pasta meal made with ricotta cheese, you eat just a little
Ha. That would never have happened with my mother. We weren't Italian, so to us spaghetti and meatballs meant that the end of the month was coming and Mom was stretching the budget to make it to Dad's payday. It was a cheap way to feed seven kids. I was a teenager when I first heard of someone making their own sauce and I couldn't figure out why anyone would do that when you could just buy it in a jar. (On the other hand, instant mashed potatoes would be considered a sin in our house.)

My mother occasionally made lasagna, though, and it was good. I asked her when I was an adult for her lasagna recipe, and she said, "It's on the back of the Ronzoni box."

But she made cakes and pies and cookies all the time. Somehow, we were still a bunch of skinny kids.

Yeah, when those damn pounds sneak on when you are used to weighing much less, it's horrifying!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss