Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 12:18 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,168,522 times

Advertisements

Can any one recommend one of those things? I would like to buy one, but not sure which one. May be something like this bodybugg calorie counter , but not as expensive

What are you guys using, if you use any...

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 09:59 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,969,643 times
What a fantastic product to plug into people OCD about weight... I wouldn't wear one. Track your diet on fitday.com and reduce/increase calories by a few huundred/day once a week until you see the results you want.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:00 PM

This is not what i need it for, Mike. I need it while i exercise, to see how much calories got burned.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:09 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,969,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
This is not what i need it for, Mike. I need it while i exercise, to see how much calories got burned.
Hang on a second, let me take my foot out of my mouth.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:57 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,898,300 times
Holy flying batfish Batman!!!!

That is one pricey unit!!!

Sheps Mom, I've had step counters, you know a pedometer that will calculate how many calories burned as well as count your steps and convert to kilometres as well. Those only cost about $50 for a good one, well a good enough one. I keep killing mine. But if you just want a rough idea of how much you're burning, why not try one of those?

Old 05-29-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Holy flying batfish Batman!!!!

That is one pricey unit!!!

Sheps Mom, I've had step counters, you know a pedometer that will calculate how many calories burned as well as count your steps and convert to kilometres as well. Those only cost about $50 for a good one, well a good enough one. I keep killing mine. But if you just want a rough idea of how much you're burning, why not try one of those?
Sounds like a good idea, what are they called, so i can search for one

Old 05-29-2008, 08:46 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,898,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
Sounds like a good idea, what are they called, so i can search for one
Here's a link to the one I've had the most success with.

You put your weight into it, work out your stride distance and add that too, then just clip it to your belt. It will then register for each step you take and you can also get how many kilometres that is at the touch of a button, as well as how many calories burned.

SW700 Yamax DigiWalker Pedometer - Pedometers with Attitude offers accurate pedometers like Yamax Digiwalker, Omron pocket pedometer and accelerometer pedometers

I've also had an Ascot one that had a clock and a stopwatch on it as well but it didn't last as long.

Hope that helps.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:14 PM

Thank you for the link, i will check it out

Old 09-28-2008, 12:21 AM

107 posts, read 1,202,977 times
I just bought a Polar F11. It's AWESOME! Not only does it count your calories but it does heart rate, tells you how many to burn to reach the next pound lost, etc. AND it's less than the Body Bug. The other good thing about it is that it's MUCH more accurate than the BB. Even Jillian from the Biggest Loser said the BB isn't accurate. The Polar is a watch also so it is multi-purposed I think. I've been wearing it all day finding out what I burn in calories doing all sorts of activities. I'm going to wear it to bed sometime and see if/what I burn sleeping LOL

Rebecca

Old 01-15-2009, 05:07 PM

211 posts, read 544,413 times
Hi there,
I would like to know where you got your calorie counter at. I was going to buy the BB but it is so expensive.
can you please email me where and how much it is.
thank you.
pennel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss