Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 09:46 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,032,855 times

Advertisements

All right, I finally have a fire under my butt to drop some serious poundage.

I started the day two days ago.

1st day:
10 minutes jogging on the treadmill (I *hate* treadmills so this didnt last long, but burned 60 cals)

10 minutes on the Rowing Machine (burned 100 calories)

5 minutes each on two different stationary bikes..Found I hate those too.
40 reps on ab machine @ 60lbs

40 reps on another back machine @ 75lbs( I dont know what to call it, but it works on your middle back)

2nd day
10 minutes on Rowing

24 reps on the Bat Stand...that thingy you stand on and can kind of hang upside down..It works your back and abs.

24 reps on the Boob Lifter @ 35lbs (Thats what I call it..it works your pec muscles)

15 reps on the Short Person machine @ 70lbs. It works your calves.

30 minutes of Zumba class. I'll do it again, but this white girl needs more rythm..sheesh!

3rd day: Rest because muscles are sore. Stupid boob machine..

I want to drop 20lbs or more by next spring. Will doing something like these things 3-4 days a week help me do so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 10:29 PM

427 posts, read 550,332 times
Sounds like you're doing great so far, but don't kill your self! you've got plenty of time to loose what ever you want. It can be tough at times, and remenber, it can be a bit unhealthy to loose too much too soon(1 or 2 lbs per week)

Without going into great detail, along with what you're doing(the exercise-3 or 4 days a week), try eating natural and organic foods. And eat your meals in small portions throughout the day. Try 5 to 6 small meals, if you can.

And, try staying clear of the junk food! Like pastries, desserts, refined starches like pasta, white rice, high starch veggies like potatoes.

Try a good vitamin supplement, if you are'nt already, and drink plenty of water! And sleep! plenty of sleep! Good luck! And don't get discouraged!

Old 06-03-2010, 10:52 PM

I dont eat alot of junk, really. My weakness is honestly fresh, whole-grain bread, sweet tea (3 glass a day, anything else I drink is usually water)...and cheese. The other two can go...but I'll probably fail any diet I try to cut the sweet tea out of. No, Splenda wont work, and no, neither will unsweet (thats just brown water!).

I cant eat that many times a day. Nature of my job doesnt allow me to leave my station that often (Im a cashier, sometimes a FS clerk, which is more flexible but they get pissy when I leave the front end too much), and absolutely no food/drink allowed at said station.

Sometimes I get on a cheese kick. I HATE white bread/rice/potatoes/crackers, dont eat frozen processed meals either.

I dont eat fried food, am allergic to sodas of any kind, mostly eat chicken/fish/turkey.

I can eat salads raw, can eat most veggies raw, actually...Any suggestions for a salad combo that works and wont bore me?

Old 06-04-2010, 05:50 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
LMAO at "boob lifter" ...

You're doing a great job of mixing up cardio and weights, which will reduce the likelihood that you get bored (that's why I prefer to walk outdoors for my cardio -- I never get bored scoping out what the neighbors are up to! LOL). I feel best when I do strength training every other day, cardio every day, and abs every day, with one rest day a week. I also practice yoga once or twice a day.

Salads ... You love cheese -- me, too, it's like crack! -- so go ahead and eat it, but use it as a condiment instead of as a main course. If you like feta, try using reduced fat feta cheese in your salads. It's got such a strong flavor that you don't have to use much, and it blends with almost any protein (except tuna -- trust me on that one!), chicken, turkey, roast beef, etc. Usually the leftovers of whatever protein I've had the night before go into my lunch salad the next day. Another fun thing to toss into a salad are berries or diced apples. Other stuff I like to throw in are green onions, a teaspoon or so of chopped walnuts or almonds, red peppers, and lots and lots of tomatoes. Mix up the type of lettuce you use as well, some leafy, some crunchy, some tangy.

Good luck!

Old 06-04-2010, 06:30 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,332,701 times
I know you said you can't cut out the sweet tea... but that is literally hundreds of calories a day... hundreds! Not to mention that much sugar is not really good for you. If you cut it out, you would lose more calories than your whole workout!

But it sounds like you are doing good other than that. You're not supposed to eat perfectly.

Old 06-04-2010, 03:52 PM

To SeirraAZ: No, not getting married.lol Its a strange story actually. My boyfriend found a t-shirt that he'd been looking for forever, but it only came in a Japanese size large. So he's been hitting the excercise bike every single day aboard his ship trying to fit into that shirt.

This means if I dont get moving, Im going to be the "fat girlfriend" when I see him again next spring. If you look at my picture, Im not terribly bad, but there's still some chunk that needs to go.

I even have a motivational sign on the refrigerator in the form of a stop sign. It says "STOP...touching the refrigerator"

Thighs like a truck, truck,truck
You've got a big ol' butt, butt
Need to get it goooonnnee.
(Think of the thong song beat and you'll get the mantra)
Its kept me away from ice cream and other num nums so far.
Anyhoo, Im going to use this thread to track what Ive done. I'll be back in a bit...Ive got to go fight the Boob lifter again.

Old 06-04-2010, 06:07 PM

Back from gym: Day 4.

Unexpected Zumba class: 1 hour (I made it the whole time this time! Yay!)

Upside Down Bat Machine- 20 front/20 on both sides
Butt Bouncer (Machine with big plate on it that you push with your legs)- 30 reps @ 150lbs
Thigh Thingy- 30 reps @ 70lbs
Hoe Machine (the one where you open and close your legs for abduction/adduction)- 30+reps each side @ 75lbs
Boob Lifter- 30 reps @ 40lbs (Im still sore from this damn thing)
Ab Thing- 40 reps @ 70 lbs.

Breakfast: 2 cheese eggs and whole wheat toast
Lunch: 1/2 salad with raspberry vinagrette dressing, cup of yogurt, fruit salad and large cup of water.
Dinner: Hot dog wrap (Its the only kind of hotdog I'll eat..Ballparks light smoked turkey breast hotdog-45 calories and no fat) with 1 velveeta slice cheese.

Sin: One slice of Angel Food cake...nothing on it.

Thanks everybody for indulging me. Im NOT going to be the fat girlfriend, dammit.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:10 PM

427 posts, read 550,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
I dont eat alot of junk, really. My weakness is honestly fresh, whole-grain bread, sweet tea (3 glass a day, anything else I drink is usually water)...and cheese. The other two can go...but I'll probably fail any diet I try to cut the sweet tea out of. No, Splenda wont work, and no, neither will unsweet (thats just brown water!).

I cant eat that many times a day. Nature of my job doesnt allow me to leave my station that often (Im a cashier, sometimes a FS clerk, which is more flexible but they get pissy when I leave the front end too much), and absolutely no food/drink allowed at said station.

Sometimes I get on a cheese kick. I HATE white bread/rice/potatoes/crackers, dont eat frozen processed meals either.

I dont eat fried food, am allergic to sodas of any kind, mostly eat chicken/fish/turkey.

I can eat salads raw, can eat most veggies raw, actually...Any suggestions for a salad combo that works and wont bore me?
You look nice in your profile picture. Well, half of you anyway.

No soup for you! Oh, wait, that's a Seinfeld episode. Wish I had some salad combo suggestions for you, but unfortunatly I'm not a salad eater! But I know the great nutritional value the can have.

It's usually "different strokes for dirrerent folks", but as long as you continue to eat healthy and stay physically active, you're gonna lose weight. Now, go "get er done"!

Old 06-05-2010, 09:06 PM

Day 5: Gym was closed

As a result, I had a fat day, and I'll pay for it tomorrow. I seem more hungry now that Ive been working out. How do I stop being hungry?

Took dogs to a park and ran around the track once...but the temps were in the 90's so that didnt last long.

Old 06-06-2010, 08:14 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,678,492 times
Your diet is terrible. As long as you are consuming all of that sugar and eating processed foods (A hot dog and velveeta? Cake at the end of the day?) you will remain overweight. You need to eat more spread throughout the day (eat 4-6 times, not 3) and eat better. I'm too lazy to type out a bunch of food ideas. As a general rule, I would want to see a lean protein at every meal, at least five colors a day (not including white~beige~brown or artificial colors). In fact, any dinner with no color - like your hot dog dinner - is a poor choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss