Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 03:38 PM

426 posts, read 791,910 times

Advertisements

News:
Fate of dogs uncertain after boy is attacked | KING5.com | Seattle Area Local News

(I hope the link works, I've never posted a link in the forum before). I wonder what they will decide. I know I would fight for my dogs in this case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 06:22 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,841,371 times
In many states, the dogs would be OK b/c they were inside a fence on their owner's property. The boy was an intruder - unfortunate, but he was in the wrong.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:27 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,292,374 times
I'd be livid if someone trespassed onto my fenced property, then my dogs were punished for it. That's their yard and their dogs were contained. I feel bad for the kid, but it's totally his fault. Don't go into other people's yards uninvited, especially when you don't know what's on the other side. I'm on the homeowner's side on this one.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:36 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
I'd be livid if someone trespassed onto my fenced property, then my dogs were punished for it. That's their yard and their dogs were contained. I feel bad for the kid, but it's totally his fault. Don't go into other people's yards uninvited, especially when you don't know what's on the other side. I'm on the homeowner's side on this one.

^^^This! Kids need to know when to call the ball "lost" and wait until a homeowner answers the door and is willing to retrieve their ball for them.

You know this thing probably went down between the boys as to a "dare" as to whom would go get the ball.

Old 12-07-2010, 06:56 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,329,379 times
The fact that their fate is "uncertain" is disturbing. It sounds like the kid's uncle realizes that the boy was in the wrong and that the dogs were just protecting their property. I really hope this doesn't end up being litigated and that the dogs are returned to their owner.

I wonder if the owner had any signs stating "beware of dogs"?... not that it matters, the dogs were contained on their own property.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:33 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,094,032 times
Yes these dogs were doing what comes natural to them and that kid was in the wrong and Im siding with the home owner on this one .

Old 12-07-2010, 08:52 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,173,765 times
Just fyi You don't want to put up any signs that say, warring Dog, beware of dogs etc etc, as this is a statement that your dog is aggressive and you know it. The signs will be used by the prosecution.
Simply post, no trespassing signs.

The dog is still not out of the woods and neither are the owners unfortunately. Is the dog up on it's rabies vac?
have there been any other incidences?

I side on the dog owners as the kid should not have hoped the fence. I bet the kid knew all about the dog in question before the incident.

just my .02

Old 12-07-2010, 08:57 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,832,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie2979 View Post
News:
Fate of dogs uncertain after boy is attacked | KING5.com | Seattle Area Local News

(I hope the link works, I've never posted a link in the forum before). I wonder what they will decide. I know I would fight for my dogs in this case.
I guess the dogs have to kill someone before the liberal uber alles in King county take action against vicious animals. What is it with people that care more about animals than people? It's a dog people.

Old 12-07-2010, 08:57 AM

1,300 posts, read 3,604,392 times
I'm thinking that when the boy went into the yard the dogs had started playing with the ball and then he took it from them and that's when they attacked. It's just strange that his uncle was obviously tresspassing in the yard too and actually stepped between his nephew and the dogs and was able to fend off them off and come out unscathed while the boy was seriously injured. Something else had to be going on there. I agree that it's unfortunate but the kid was at fault.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:12 AM

1,300 posts, read 3,604,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
I guess the dogs have to kill someone before the liberal uber alles in King county take action against vicious animals. What is it with people that care more about animals than people? It's a dog people.
If these dogs were so vicious why didn't they bite the uncle? It's not a matter about caring more about the dogs; if the ball had gone through one of the windows in the house would it be ok for someone to go right into your house without knocking? And if it was your house and you didn't see the ball, but just saw a random person come in your house might you be on the defensive? A dog isn't going to grab a bat or weapon he is going to use the only thing he has; his teeth. For a dog, their yard is their space, like your house is your space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs