Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 03:52 PM

288 posts, read 693,211 times

Advertisements

I had to share this with my fellow dog lovers.

I am utterly disgusted at this vial 'game' that has been produced:

DOG FIGHTING GAME RELEASED for Android phones – CALL TO ACTION | BSL News

I will be looking for an alternative search engine to use from now on.

You should be ashamed of yourselves Google!!!

You can email Google to oppose this here:

press@google.com

I have registered my complaint.

Please spread the word on this appaling sick 'game'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2011, 04:31 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,417,165 times
I cant read that article here at work but I highly doubt the game was released by Google thelselves like your title says was it ? Is it a game written for the Android ? There is not a huge amount they can do about games / apps written for their OS.

Old 04-22-2011, 04:35 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,233,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
I cant read that article here at work but I highly doubt the game was released by Google thelselves like your title says was it ? Is it a game written for the Android ? There is not a huge amount they can do about games / apps written for their OS.
Here's a quote from the above link.

"Android, who is owned by Google, has available in the Android Market a new downloadable game application for your phone called DOG WARS (developed by Kage Games LLC). This is a DOG FIGHTING GAME. The player feeds, waters, trains and FIGHTS the virtual dog for virtual money. It is clear to me that the people at Google/Android /Kage Games think dog fighting is a joke and that perpetuating the myth that pit bulls are inherently aggressive has no repercussions."

It seem to me after reading that article that the fight would be w/ Kage Games, the devolper of the game.

Old 04-22-2011, 04:38 PM

377 posts, read 1,083,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleys Mum View Post
I had to share this with my fellow dog lovers.

I am utterly disgusted at this vial 'game' that has been produced:

DOG FIGHTING GAME RELEASED for Android phones – CALL TO ACTION | BSL News

I will be looking for an alternative search engine to use from now on.

You should be ashamed of yourselves Google!!!

You can email Google to oppose this here:

press@google.com

I have registered my complaint.

Please spread the word on this appaling sick 'game'
Tsk, tsk. How rude. Those dogs should live!

Old 04-22-2011, 04:43 PM

331 posts, read 990,452 times
Android is an open source operating system. Anyone can develop anything they want on their platform. The people who made the game are Kage Games LLC. If Android decides to pull the game from the market, it goes against everything open source stands for. The people you want to complain to are Kage Games, the creators of the game.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:22 PM

2,932 posts, read 5,425,139 times
Did a little research on this...have found a website where you can contact the Android marketing team. You need to type in the name of the game and the developer:

Contact Us - Android Market Help

Application Name: Dog Wars
Developer: Kage Games LLC

Old 04-22-2011, 05:50 PM

5,014 posts, read 10,705,976 times
IDK, I see the possibility that this will be good for dogs b/c those who wish to engage in dog fighting will be able to do so virtually rather than in reality, and such persons may find the virtual game as satisfying as the real thing, which might actually reduce [real] dogfighting.

It may not be PC but if it reduces real dogfighting, then I think it's a great idea.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:52 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,233,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraGirl123 View Post
Did a little research on this...have found a website where you can contact the Android marketing team. You need to type in the name of the game and the developer:

Contact Us - Android Market Help

Application Name: Dog Wars
Developer: Kage Games LLC
I've sent my complaint. This info is already in the above link of OP's, but it's worth repeating.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:58 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,437,357 times
I googled Kage Games to try to send a complaint directly to them but their site just had one page that said coming soon dog wars and a pic of a bloody pit bull. Of course there's so much brutality against humans in some of these games I guess we shouldn't be shocked. Yeah, yeah, it's just a game. Tell that to a soldier who's been in real combat. Tell it to someone with a family member who's died by violence. Or tell it to me, who's seen battle scarred dogs lick a stranger's hand. It's a sick freaking world.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:13 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,056,022 times
Am I the only one who thinks I would much rather see these guys fighting dogs on an app instead of in real life.

And before you bash me for what I said you see a lot worse games out there like Grand Theft Auto, Spiderman, War Games, Hulk, etc. just to name a few.

I mean is it worse to play a dog fighting game or one where you kill people?

And if you really want to complain about the violence we should start with the cartoons that come on Saturday mornings. Wile E Coyote trying to kill the Roadrunner, the Bugs Bunny Show where everyone was always trying to kill him and Daffy Duck, Sylvester always trying to eat Tweety, Taz Mania Devil trying to kill and eat everyone, etc.

I never understood the underlying violence in cartoons until I got older. Even Disney movies are played as a cartoon to the kids but every parent sees what they are saying behind the lines. Alice in Wonder Land, can you say acid trip. Cinderella being kept as a slave and controlled by a nasty old aunt. Lady and the Tramp, well the title speaks for itself.

Do I want to see dogs being fought, no but I bet most of you have purchased something with a lot of underlying violence in it without even thinking twice about it.

busta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs