Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 09:23 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times

Advertisements

I am very sorry......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 09:30 PM

19,214 posts, read 16,696,914 times
What a sad story. I'm so sorry. Sending you virtual {{{HUGS}}}

Last edited by JGC97; 06-28-2015 at 12:24 PM..

Old 06-01-2011, 09:39 PM

57 posts, read 315,485 times
I'm sorry about Gator! I'm sure he'll appreciated his last few months with you being spoiled.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:42 PM

1,272 posts, read 2,373,263 times
I'm so sorry for Gators diagnosis but don't dwell in sadness right now.
Gator may be down but he's not out yet. So spend the time you have with love.
Endulge Gator to the best of your ability, you can only do what you can do.
He knows you love him and are there for him which is what is most important.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:54 PM

2,398 posts, read 3,834,581 times
I'm so sorry to hear of Gator's illness. We've been through cancer twice with our dogs at roughly the same age. Each time is different though. Enjoy the time you have left. Hugs to you and your pup.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:58 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,862,875 times
So sorry about your dog, we have a large German Shepherd Dog, 95 lbs and 11 years old. We know he won't live a lot longer, Dang!!!!! Putting down a pet is horrible, I dread it already and he is still quite active. His photo is on my home page. The smaller GSD is his daughter, "Jorja" the genuine rescue muttpuppy is "Leilu".

Old 06-01-2011, 10:34 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,671,817 times
I'm very sorry about the sad news.

About 7 years ago one of my dogs (who was about 5 years old) was diagnoised with lymphoma we started chemo (not sure I would make that choice again) and he passed away within a few months. A few months later we had a client who had a dog who was about 9 (large mix) and just as suddenly as it had struck my dog...full blown lymphoma. Due to financial reasons and age, the dog recieved no cancer related treatment and she went on to live at least two more years!!! Not sure when she passed as the owner moved, but during the those two years while she remained a client the dog showed no obvious decline. I am not suggesting this is to be expected but it can and does happen. I'll hope for the best for your Gator.

Old 06-02-2011, 02:31 AM

18,726 posts, read 33,390,141 times
Dogs always have a way of making us live in the present, since they do, and even more so when they are nearing the end of their little lives. When I pet my seniors, I remind myself to *pay attention* and really enjoy it. It's a real zen lesson.
Sorry to hear the sad news about Gator. I'm sure he'll live very well as long as he can.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:54 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,032,639 times
Noooooooooooooooo!!!! I'm so sorry that this is happening... to both of you.

Massive, warm hugs to both of you. Enjoy this time together -- don't dwell on what's going to be; just relish in what is right now.

xo

Old 06-02-2011, 05:43 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,365,699 times
Thanks everyone, he's just had his 2nd dose of prednesone in peanutbutter this am and of course since he got back from the Vet his nodes have shrunk...I think just going to the vet scared him better...LOL. He's already had 1st and 2nd breakfast.

I wish it wasn't so darn hot here, he loves riding in the car, so I'm going to try to get up early once a week to take him for a spin. He also loves visiting, so well try to do a bit of that. Mr. Social had a blast at the vet when they weren't poking him. My vet has a border collie that they compete in herding and he came to say "hey"...LOL. He also has several cats wandering around and Gator loves cats another atypical JRT characteristic.

I can't say enough good things about my vet, it's very rare when you get a very well educated vet in a "country" vet with "country" prices. My vet's first Phd was in aeronautical engineering and worked on top secret stuff, then his wife got into breeding Holstiners (warmbloods) and he went back and got his DVM and worked at his "day job" and did his vet stuff evening and weekends, several years ago he retired from his day job and now works his "retirement job" full time. He's never advertised and only got biz via word of mouth and he's so busy now he's hired another vet. Yesterday's visit consited of an exam, a biopsy and blood work and several months worth of medication...and it cost me...are you ready...$88. yup that's not a typo. I feel very lucky to have him, he's such a nice guy and very unassuming and approachable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs