Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 08:12 AM

4,272 posts, read 6,299,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Sounds like the dog needs more exercise. Or it's just mentally messed up like many pitbulls.

I guess you don't have a dog otherwise you'd know that a lot of dogs really enjoy chew toys. Whether they are yorkies or great danes - dogs of all sizes like chew toys. And wanting to chew stuff does not mean they need more exercise or are mentally messed up. Sheesh.

Anyway.
One of our dogs is a heavy toy chewer - Kong has been a saving grace. We have four of them and two of them in particular are his favorites, even despite the squeakers no longer being in them. We've bought non-kong brands and they've never lasted more than an hour before being utterly destroyed. However, we have one kong in particular that is still going strong after 3-4 months of daily rounds with our dog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 09:01 AM

4,003 posts, read 6,101,240 times
I have an olde english bulldogge who does the exact same thing. I also have a chiweenie who loves squeeker toys and my bulldog loves to chew toys like bubble gum until the squeekers break lol. I have certain toys I try to keep only for teh lil dog but my bulldog always winds up gettinga hold of them.

Unless its a heavy duty rubber toy my dog will destroy squeekers and stuffed toys literlaly in a matter of minutes.

Here is one toy thats great for bigger rougher dogs, its a tug rope, you don't have to use it to tug as I know some people dont like teaching their dogs tug of war, especially pitbulls, personally I like playing with my dog like this he knows when its play time and when not to fight iwth me for things. I like that its a long rope too as shorter ropes my dog tries to work his way up the rope nad eventually winds up at my fingers lol but this is long enough to have plenty of room to play with and still keep some distance. Also if you prefer shorter ropes you can cut this into 3 or 4 shorter lengths and it saves money over buying shorter ones anyway. I believe its a 72" Dog Rope Tug Toy and only $16 and some change on amazon. I'd pay almost hte same for like a 1 or 2 foot rope at petsmart or walmart or whever.

THey are fun if you have two dogs as well. I get my bulldog and my chihuaha playing tug of war and entertaining each other playing with it as well.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:51 PM

792 posts, read 1,302,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Sounds like the dog needs more exercise. Or it's just mentally messed up like many pitbulls.
Couldn't resist responding to your post...you do know where most mentally messed up pit bulls come from right....mentally messed up breeders and owners...bottom line !

Last edited by Irish4evr; 12-29-2014 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: Spell

Old 12-29-2014, 02:37 PM

894 posts, read 1,050,753 times
I have pits, you can't give them typical puppy toys unless you like picking shredded bits of plastic and rope out of your carpet. They need the hard nylabones or raw bones to chew on.

Also, if you're puppy is that destructive and restless she probably needs more exercise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs