Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 09:09 PM

603 posts, read 1,947,259 times

Advertisements

Took my chihuahua binky to the vet today and he has heart diseaseHe's been coughing...so i had a feeling.I've been crying for the past two days because i knew it would be bad.He also has a grade 4 heart murmor on a scale of 1-6,6 being the worst..They started him on Lasix and tomorrow i have to pick up Enalapril..And he has that bad breath...the kind that kidney failure smells like..I know because my rottie died of that.I wont know the bloodwork results until Thursday and i have a bad feeling about it.This really SUCKS.I just really needed to vent on here.Im so upset.I was NOT prepared for this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 10:08 PM

275 posts, read 469,647 times
im sorry your puppy has heart disease and heart murmur. i hope that he's okay. my one dog was born with a heart murmur and i can understand your worry. i will keep him in my thoughts. hang in there

Old 01-06-2009, 10:19 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,444,847 times
Well, you got him to the vet and are doing the right things. Now you can enjoy the time you have with him -- it's precious!

Old 01-06-2009, 10:23 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,658,955 times
Sorry to hear about your little Binky. I can imagine how you feel. How old is he? Hope he will be ok with the meds he is getting. I put my rescue Lab/mix thru Heartwom treatments this past summer and she has a bad heart and also a bad murmur due to the heartworm damage. She actually stops breathing sometimes....very scary. My little Chi, Bambi also has terrible bad breath and he is only two. I checked his teeth and brush them and they look ok. Keep us posted about your little Binky and I hope he does good wth the meds. Keep your chin up and think positive, it does help sometimes as bad as things seem.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:39 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,811,151 times
So sorry your fur-baby is sick. It's almost worse than our human children getting sick - although I know some will criticize me for saying that. But you can talk to a child and tell them what's what - you can't explain to the fur-baby.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:30 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,018,915 times
I'm so sorry for all you and Binky are going through. I hope the meds help, and I hope the bloodwork comes back showing nothing to be alarmed about.

Hugs to you and Binky -- you're both in my thoughts...

Old 01-07-2009, 08:46 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,953,727 times
I hope everything works out well for you and Binky.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:50 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,031,232 times
i am terribly sad to hear of this. if i were you, i would love her up every single second of the day. who needs tv when you have binky?

Old 01-07-2009, 09:45 AM

thank you all for caring...he's probably 9 years..he was a rescue so i do not know his age.Im just scared because theres a side effect of a medication he will be on that can cause kidney failure..But i already smell "the bad smell" so im kind of prepared for it..But im just not ready for him to go.I was expecting many more years with him.They'll never be another dog like him.He's got such a skitzy chihuahua personality but he's also a love.I've been reading a lot about kidney failure and the treatment..I used to work at a vets office and we used to see it all the time,and most of the animals did not make it.And i dont have hundreds to spend when i know it most likely will not help.They say when you start seeing the symptoms of it it is usually too late..But bloodwork will be back tomorrow and i dropped off his urine this morning,which is very important to check kidney values.So im hoping!!!They also gave me amoxicillin and he is now a pink dog!!He HATESSS his medicine lol.I just hate making him take it because he goes into coughing fits. Well i really have to say how comforting you people are.You are all so kind.Keep my little man in your prayers

Old 01-07-2009, 09:47 AM

AT1:: He hasn't left my side since yesterday!!!And he won't until he goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs