Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2012, 09:55 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,816,936 times

Advertisements

I love getting updates from people who have adopted my fosters. Today, though it wasn't directed to me, but the rescue in general, was a bit more special.

I only fostered this puppy a short time, maybe 3 weeks. I just don't do puppies very well, but I took her in until a more experienced puppy foster came back from vacation. Little black lab puppy, was with the rescue a total of 6 weeks (half with me). Was probably 4 months old when she got adopted. Well, the puppy's owner sent an update letting us know that the puppy (now about 2-3 years old), is about to graduate Search and Rescue school!!!

I just get warm fuzzies thinking about it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 10:01 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
I love getting updates from people who have adopted my fosters. Today, though it wasn't directed to me, but the rescue in general, was a bit more special.

I only fostered this puppy a short time, maybe 3 weeks. I just don't do puppies very well, but I took her in until a more experienced puppy foster came back from vacation. Little black lab puppy, was with the rescue a total of 6 weeks (half with me). Was probably 4 months old when she got adopted. Well, the puppy's owner sent an update letting us know that the puppy (now about 2-3 years old), is about to graduate Search and Rescue school!!!

I just get warm fuzzies thinking about it!
I always wonder if I should send an update to the foster mom that took care of my black lab Fish for about a month before we rescued him. He was at a rural shelter after his former owners were forced to surrender him for neglect and alleged abuse. He did not do well at the shelter. He kept escaping - hopping 6+ foot fences. His foster mom lived in the area and volunteered from time to time.

You could tell when I rescued him that she really cared for him. He was in great shape. I sent her an email with some pics about 2months after we adopted him.

Maybe I'll drop her a line with some new pics. Its been about 13 months now.

Great story about your former foster!!! It must have been your early tutelage!!

Old 01-24-2012, 10:34 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
How long is too long?

I have the address on the letter my basset's foster mom sent with him.

I always meant to write her, but never got around to it.

It has been YEARS.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:15 AM

3,513 posts, read 6,377,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
How long is too long?

I have the address on the letter my basset's foster mom sent with him.

I always meant to write her, but never got around to it.

It has been YEARS.
It's NEVER too late.

Don't know a single person in rescue who doesn't love to hear about former foster dogs and cats no matter how long it's been.

Those bits of good news are part of what keep us going when things seem bleak.

Please take just a couple of minutes to send a good word.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:23 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,816,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
It's NEVER too late.

Don't know a single person in rescue who doesn't love to hear about former foster dogs and cats no matter how long it's been.

Those bits of good news are part of what keep us going when things seem bleak.

Please take just a couple of minutes to send a good word.

I second this... never too late.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:03 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,032,749 times
I third it.....

it can make my WHOLE day if I get something about a former passenger of mine..... or a dog that I did home visit for or pulled from a shelter.....

doesn't matter HOW long it has been....

Old 01-25-2012, 10:23 AM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,851 times
Awesome! I really wanted to send an email to tell her how Fish has really touched my wife and me. I know what I am doing tonight!!

Old 01-25-2012, 12:22 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
I have always given the people who we bought our four dogs from little updates over the years.

You folks who rescue my heroes.

I could not let go when needed.

Old 01-25-2012, 05:52 PM

1,253 posts, read 3,634,760 times
Although I've only had Diesel for six months, I have sent the shelter two e-mails updates with pictures. I haven't heard a peep back...but I know they have their hands full.

After the deal with Spanky...long story, I sent the original gal a few pictures and updates but that was years ago.

After I officially adopted him from the rescue she was suppose to relinquish him back to (long story) I talked with her a few times. I should send her an update and pics.

Okay, I know what I'm doing tonight.

Thank you for pointing out my over-sight. Oops, my bad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs