Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2012, 10:29 AM

2,259 posts, read 4,754,204 times

Advertisements

So my brother's dog has a new fascination with rocks. He has made a new hobby of bringing rocks either into the garage, or in the house. He also likes to take these rocks in his mouth like a tennis ball and try to get you to play fetch with him. My mom said that the other day he was outside by a rock that he couldn't fit in his mouth whimpering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 03:48 PM

1,253 posts, read 3,634,760 times
Talking Rock anyone, anyone?

Rock anyone? Anyone? Play with me...come on...

Does he even like balls or is he strickly a rock hound? (ok, that doesn't sound right but you know what I mean!) does he like to play fetch with say a tennis ball? Can you piqué his interest in a soccer ball? Will he play with any other toys or is it strickly rocks?

Old 01-23-2012, 04:15 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,186,782 times
Now, I have a problem with understanding why a grown man likes to hit a little ball around until it falls into a little hole in the ground...

Or kicking a funny shaped ball over a bar...

(maybe the dog just likes the way a nice cool rock feels in his mouth)

Old 01-23-2012, 04:17 PM

548 posts, read 1,038,600 times
Lol I think it is funny. I had a golden that had an obsession with flashlights. We could keep her entertained for hours by setting one on the coffee table.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:00 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,862,283 times
dozer and ruby both love rocks...dozer will also play with a ball (but it has to be ne of those tiny tennis balls) BUT ruby isnt interested in any toys...shell only play with rocks...
they probably have a salty taste, dogs love salty.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:11 PM

2,259 posts, read 4,754,204 times
He loves playing with sticks and tennis balls. Him and the other dog rung back and forth across the house while playing tug of war.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:43 PM

1,253 posts, read 3,634,760 times
Okay, he'll play with other toys and tennis balls, yea!

I had an Am Staff, Happy...that had a love affair with rocks and bricks. It started when I took her camping one year and she got ahold of one the campfie rocks. It probably had grease on it from the fire pit...and it was love at first lick.

When I took her to visit my brother, she found a brick in his backyard...became her favorite toy there. I would have to take it away from her, for fear of her breaking a tooth.

She loved to chase them, retrieve, lick and dive for them. If I threw it in the river, all you would see is her rear-end sticking up and bubbles while she searched for the rock I tossed in...and yes, she would bring me THAT rock.

She loved other toys, too but rocks were her fave.

Hey, before there was a billion dollar toy industry, wolves and dogs had bones, sticks and rocks. They are just going back to what their great grand dog-parents played with...

(lol)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs