Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 08:42 PM

1,397 posts, read 4,846,635 times

Advertisements

Thank you for getting her!!!I am glad you got her!!!Trixie is so cute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2007, 07:06 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,675,732 times
Trixie is adorable!

Congratulations!

Old 09-16-2007, 07:29 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
I do not know how I missed this post! OMGosh, Trixie is so cute and looks so dang happy. I know that she will bring your home much love and joy!

And, you and your family are so wonderful for giving a home to an adoptable mix. Go Mouse Family!

I look forward to hearing more updates on Trixie!

Old 09-16-2007, 08:00 AM

10,023 posts, read 15,671,828 times
Enjoy her! She looks like a little queen on that bed.

Old 09-16-2007, 08:01 AM

673 posts, read 3,146,213 times
She looks sooooo happy!!! And she'll be able to gain that weight in no time. Our dog was 10lbs underweight when we got him. He got to a healthy weight fast...lol

I'm so happy for you and wish you all the very best withy our family member!!

Old 09-16-2007, 10:30 AM

430 posts, read 1,264,214 times
Someone already looks VERY HappyCongratulations on your new addition. Also, thank you for adopting such a precious little girl!!

O.Nana

Old 09-16-2007, 04:08 PM

302 posts, read 1,443,972 times
so happy for you!!

Old 09-16-2007, 08:13 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,323,591 times
Thanks all. She is SOOO sweet! It has only been a few days but she has added so much to our home so far. We can't REALLY play with her yet as she still has her stitches in but she wants to play so bad. We roll the ball inside instead of throwing it outside and she is all over it and loves the game. She has to know where all of us are at all times. LOL. She stays with whomever is doing the most interesting thing to her. I think hubby and her may go round though, she keeps trying to steel his side of the bed so she can be next to me. Hubby loves her too, but has already had a sit down with her about lines and the bed thing is where she is trying to cross it LOL!!!
Question though...she is pretty good about the house training thing, well, we are actually as when she starts sniffing the floor a lot, we take her out, she does her thing, we give the treat. But is it normal for a dog to pee every hour, even at night? She poops about 4 times a day too. That seems odd to me, but I have never had a terrier either? And talk about strange.......yesturday she started to squat and got a few drips out before I stopped her in her bed! Isn't a dog peeing in the spot she sleeps in kinda like them going in there food?? I am hoping this is just after effects of being in a kennel (albeit a very large one with a run half indoor half out at the shelter) but it still seems odd to me???? She knows how to sit at the door if she wants out, so this peeing thing has me a little concerned.

Old 09-16-2007, 11:41 PM

430 posts, read 1,264,214 times
It could also be from her surgery. Our little Maltese had several "accidents" after her spaying but it ended about a week to a week and 1/2 later. You could tell she was SO upset, but she just couldn't help herself. Try maybe putting a puppy pee pad where she hangs out the most...it might work until she gets her "control" back.

If you notice she's trying to go but can't, the urine is very concentrated or has a foul odor, I would certainly bring that to the Vets attention. She could have a bladder infection or somthing of that nature...

O. Nana

Old 09-17-2007, 06:26 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,323,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Nana View Post
It could also be from her surgery. Our little Maltese had several "accidents" after her spaying but it ended about a week to a week and 1/2 later. You could tell she was SO upset, but she just couldn't help herself. Try maybe putting a puppy pee pad where she hangs out the most...it might work until she gets her "control" back.

If you notice she's trying to go but can't, the urine is very concentrated or has a foul odor, I would certainly bring that to the Vets attention. She could have a bladder infection or somthing of that nature...

O. Nana

Thank you. I was hoping to hear something like this from someone. Yes, I did put out a puppy pee pad after the first too accidents and so far so good. No, no smelly and she seems to go just fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs