Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2012, 09:19 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times

Advertisements

http://www.kvue.com/news/state/173692901.html

Last edited by Sam I Am; 10-11-2012 at 11:35 AM.. Reason: URL was moved - corrected by moderator
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 10:57 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,684,013 times
Was the reason just because it was a pitbull, or was the reason because the temeprature on the tarmac at San Antonio during that 2 day period was in excess of 90 degrees and because the dog is considered brachycephalic, the airlines were refusing based on that reasons? And was the reason for that one airline suggesting Austin was the following day the temeperatrure for their first am flight to Denver was expected to be below 80 degrees but that was a open cabin cargo shuttle and they require all dogs to be in metal crates to comply with safety regulations?

Oh never mind, I see that some other media outlets have already uncoverd that missing part of the story that appears to have been ommited in the above linked story. Oh, wait, some of the comments raised it also. Geez, see a whole bunch of folks took the time to reserach the facts and truth and report on it or commented on it.

Now, has anyone else taken offense to trying to use all the militray, deployment danger, MWD that was thrown into this story to gleem some type of sympathy for something as routine as the airlines looking out for the animals welfare by following temperature restrictions for brachycephalic animals? I wonder if the airline had bent their rules and let it fly and it died from heat related reasons if those same people getting all peed-oh and upset would have said to excuse the airline for disobeying regulations because of all those emotional sysmpathy stealing reasons they are using to make the airlines look like the bad guy?

Old 10-11-2012, 03:41 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,273,106 times
PF, it's a story. No, everyone doesn't have the vested interest in the airlines and their public persona that you do. But any comments that were made by media outlets or readers weren't made here. But apparently you have uncovered the truth on another site - no links to that story, but oh well.

There are legit stories and there are slanted stories, we all know that - I think some of us might have realized the inherent problems with flying the dog immediately. Most of us can draw lines between Point A and Point B.

We're not all against the airlines but of course with recent incidents it's at the forefront of peoples' minds. No one would have forgiven the airline if something had happened to the dog. However, there may just be the possibility that the airlines are being overly cautious in light of recent incidents. Unfortunately, sometimes there is no win-win for everyone, including corporate America.

Last edited by Sam I Am; 10-11-2012 at 04:59 AM..

Old 10-11-2012, 10:08 AM

737 posts, read 2,588,183 times
If his cousin, Paula Adams wants to get the pet, she could drive. But doesn't Colorado have some hinky rules regarding pitties? If not, then that would be the solution.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:30 AM

297 posts, read 502,719 times
They could try Pilots N Paws.

Old 10-11-2012, 12:16 PM

1,253 posts, read 3,634,760 times
Colorado Springs is not one of the cities that has BSL.

BSL is in: Aurora, Commerce City, Castle Rock and Denver...all are Denver Metro area.

Dang, I'm headed to Dallas this weekend but I've got my two dogs, kennels and hubby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs