Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2007, 09:59 PM

2,679 posts, read 11,735,456 times

Advertisements

This is bad!

Pets hurled off bridge in Puerto Rico - Yahoo! News (broken link)

That is uncivilized and brutal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2007, 11:26 PM

1,179 posts, read 8,710,657 times
That is terrible! They have a huge stray problem there. Mainly just a bunch of mixes breeding all over. Especially Chi and Chi mixes. That is what I had when I lived there. They were all over.

What happened was very disturbing. Throwing animal off a bridge!! This is like that story in China about the people hired for the shelter as well that beat the dogs to death because if they were PTS by injection the meat couldn't be sold for human consumption. Crazy the sick way some people operate.

Stupid stupid!!! What is it with people who are supposed to be caring for animals. PETA is so the same in taking animals and then KILLING them after they say they will be finding them homes.

All these stories are just sickening to me.

Old 10-13-2007, 12:25 AM

1,397 posts, read 4,846,325 times
This is sad.......................

Old 10-13-2007, 06:12 AM

2,679 posts, read 11,735,456 times
What is worse is that some survived after the fall and being left for dead. They need to throw the person over the bridge.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:18 PM

1 posts, read 3,269 times
The sad thing is that local organizations in Puerto Rico get lost on the agenda of local politics. Everything is politics in Puerto Rico and nothing progress. Everything will start to change only when organizations in Puerto Rico learn to keep the political affairs away from the idea of protection of animals. Laws are not enforced in Puerto Rico. Police officers do not care to get involve on protection of animals even with laws. Citizens are not educated either and a stop to shipment of animals to the island should be seriously considered to stop the abuse of animals in Puerto Rico.

Last edited by Eileen Curras; 12-04-2008 at 10:20 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 12-05-2008, 04:58 AM

18,726 posts, read 33,390,141 times
Animal abuse is quite routine and often gruesome in many places, certainly non-industrialized places. (My vet, who served in Afghanistan, said that the Latino cultures are the worst by far. People in Afghanistan, of course, are poor, and don't see their animals as family or anything, but they want to take care of them).
I feel like I can't travel anywhere I wanted to because I'll get sick seeing animal abuse. When I started feeding the dogs in Haiti, I knew it was time to leave.

I support a small group that has the only animal shelter in Kabul, and two women who have started a humane movement in South Korea. I write to country ministers and prime ministers, and have no problem being a total hypocrite by saying things like, "--- practice is unworthy of your country's great Christian heritage" or whatever I think sounds snazzy.
And it's not only Third World countries. Spain is particularly hideous. "Not worthy of your great Catholic heritage." Yup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs