Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 12:15 AM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,120,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatisthedealwith View Post
I can't stand dogs in the house. I can't stand being in houses where there are dogs and dog hair. Beyond making clear that I would rather not have a dog in my own living space, I avoid situations and even relationships with people who really really love dogs and have them around all the time. So, while extreme, it solves my problem.
I'm so curious...why on earth would you be in the pet forum, specifically the dog forum, feeling the way you do about dogs? I don't get it. By the way, your post solves my problem too. We could never be friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2013, 12:56 AM

857 posts, read 2,217,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSP View Post
I'm so curious...why on earth would you be in the pet forum, specifically the dog forum, feeling the way you do about dogs? I don't get it. By the way, your post solves my problem too. We could never be friends.
Ditto!

Old 11-27-2013, 09:33 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Same here (giving my doggy a big kiss on the wet nose)

Old 11-27-2013, 09:51 AM

4,604 posts, read 5,777,706 times
Quote:
That is exactly what I thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbara View Post
Ditto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Same here (giving my doggy a big kiss on the wet nose)
Don't know your doggy's name but heres a big wet one for him/her.

Old 11-27-2013, 09:52 AM

Oh and to answer the OP......no I would not presume that my dog is invited. But if it's overnight, I'll probably stay home if Bella couldn't come.

Old 11-27-2013, 09:54 AM

Check out my public dog pics. How can you NOT love such a pumpkin?

Old 11-27-2013, 09:56 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
I would never assume that an invitation to me included my dog(s).

Old 11-27-2013, 10:27 AM

Everybody who knows you, knows you have dogs. So if they invite you, the topic of the animals would come up.

And you know the people well enough to know if your dog is invited or not. I would never ask to bring my dog if I am invited to people who have cats.

If they don't have animals and carpet in the house, I would stay in a hotel. No need to have them live with dog hair in their carpet forever just because of my two day stay. My dogs hair can be very tough to clean off carpet.

If they have easy to clean floors and like dogs, I would ask if I can bring my shedding monster.

Old 11-27-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Check out my public dog pics. How can you NOT love such a pumpkin?
Love those eyes!! What a sweetie. You can see my Bella in my profile pic.

Old 11-27-2013, 10:58 AM

1,322 posts, read 3,474,911 times
Quote:
I think the question was also asked on a different forum first, then the OP hoped to get opinions from people actually have dogs. I think it was a good idea to get a good cross section of reactions. It sounds like this particular situation has come up in his/her real life and he/she was searching for a polite yet firm way to handle it without offending someone they obviously value as a friend.

I also value friendships that don't share my every interest and can't imagine making that a prerequisite for spending time together. IMO life is way to short to box yourself in!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs