Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 04:38 PM

1,830 posts, read 6,155,125 times

Advertisements

Has anyone here found a reliable seller online of pet meds, such as Inverhart for dogs at a good price? The online company that advertises on TV charges as much as my vet does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 04:43 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
i use an australian website .... www.deadfleaz.com .... i use heartguard plus for my dogs and a prescription is not necessary in australia..... great prices and i almost always get my order within about a week......

Old 11-02-2011, 01:53 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,598,343 times
I've used https://www.vetrxdirect.com/for prescription eye drops for my dog. Vet charged $50+. This website charged $26 including shipping for the same thing. Requires a current prescription but Vetrxdirect contacted my dog's vet and verified the prescription.

I've only ever used Interceptor for heartworm prevention for my dog. I've noticed how much prices have increased since my last purchase. I supply my vet with three online price quote from various websites and they match the price of the mid priced website. In late September when I was comparison shopping, medi-vet.com and drsfostersmith.com were only $.80 difference in price after calculating shipping. These were the two cheapest websites for Interceptor. Perhaps you might find similar results for the products you seek. Vetdepot.com & 1800petmeds.com were much, much more.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:01 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,425,831 times
It seems like prices really have gone up in the last several months. But when someplace offers it at a really steep discount, I always worry about counterfeit medicine. It's out there.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:23 PM

1,253 posts, read 3,634,524 times
Lightbulb Maybe this place has it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Townandcountrygal View Post
Has anyone here found a reliable seller online of pet meds, such as Inverhart for dogs at a good price? The online company that advertises on TV charges as much as my vet does.
Canadian Pharmacy Online | Drugstore is another option. I got a prescription from my vet for Heartguard plus. I bought the generic and paid $23 for it. My vet at the time wanted an additional $25 for the same product (name brand, though.) You still have to have the prescript, though. Some vets understand you are going through financial issues right now and are more understanding if you can get it online and in generic.

What's nice about the above website it also has human meds (name brand and generic) for whole lot less. If it requires a prescript, don't try and get it without, they won't do it. It is a legit pharmacy...so don't try and mess it up for the rest of us!!!

Just a suggestion.

Although I tend to agree with Subject2Change, this site sells my Migraine meds., I cannot afford here (U.S.) so, I purchase there. Believe when I say, migraine meds., topamax or maxalt is 3x (or more) expensive in the states. I wish I could afford it here but drug companies want too much $$$ yes, they are in it for the money. They can make a great profit for them but they are selling themselves out of business if I can get just as good a product elsewhere. Oh and yes, my doctor knows and tells other patients, too.

But I agree, buyer beware!!! Not all sites are the same!!!

Last edited by LuvABull.Denver; 11-02-2011 at 04:34 PM..

Old 11-04-2011, 03:39 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,980,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townandcountrygal View Post
I use Canada vet also, especially for the heartworm med's, I buy the value heart tablets.

For some reason you cannot purchase the heartguard from there because of the meat in it and the USDA laws

I've been buying the Frontline or the other brand of flea/tick application from Dr.s Foster & Smith

If your pet needs a pain med and the vet wants you to buy the Metacam which is a liquid you measure and put on their food, its very expensive, the large bottle is $95.00 or more.

You can buy the same thing as a generic tablet called "meloxicam" for $4.00, I paid those high prices for the liquid until I did some research and found the tablets, you would need get an rx from the vet the tablets would be the smallest dose tablet 7.5 mg and the vet should tell you to split the tablet depending on the dogs size. The tablets you put in their food. Meloxicam is a human med used for arthritis. Always check with the vet being the smallest dose is 7.5 mg for humans, thats why the vet may tell you to split it in half.

Of course they are not going to tell you about the tablets, they want you to spend the $95.00 with them.

Oh with my Canada Vet orders when I receive the Value Heart is it shipped from Australia or New Zealand, no problem.

Old 11-04-2011, 03:44 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,980,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
i use an australian website .... www.deadfleaz.com .... i use heartguard plus for my dogs and a prescription is not necessary in australia..... great prices and i almost always get my order within about a week......
thanks for the link

Old 11-04-2011, 05:25 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,032,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
I'm bookmarking that.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:37 AM

4,918 posts, read 22,681,995 times
Couple of items for everyone in the USA to consider,
Understand that protections for you and your pet is only available from products manufactured and properly dispnsed for sale in the USA. Even if a product is available in the USA but the overseas version you purchased wasn't intended by the manufacture for USA sales, you are not protected under US laws if anything goes wrong.

Regardless if real, counterfeit, grey market, or shadow factory, if you purchase the medication from a legitimate licensed phramacy or a vet, and they used a legitimate distributor, you are protected no matter what you ended up with.

You also need to understand the reality of grey market, counterfeits, and shadow factory products because they each have their own level of risks and they each have some tell tale signs that can make you identify if you are getting one of these.
Grey Market are products intended for sale in one place but not another. The reasons range from banned chemicals or ingredients all the way to a simple inability to meet certain QC standards. Grey market items are not as easy to spot as in the old days where the packaging and instructions were all in a foriegn language, but if the package is in a foreign language, you know for sure you have a grey market product. For something like flea and tick, if it lacks the EPA marks, you know its grey market.

Counterfeits are true fakes. Good countefeits are hard to spot but most are easy. Just be familiar with a legitimate products and the subtile little discrepencies will soon be easy to spot. HeartGuard spelled HartGuard, blurry pictures and writing (yes they simply photocopy ta real package), misspelled words or choppy translations. Bottom line is the ingredients could be watered down copies all the way to waste product from the sewer plant. A teletale sign is if the price being charged is so low that its lower than the distribution price. If you see a product advertised at legitimate pharmacies between $5 to $8 for the product, seeing it for $3 is a sure bet its counterfeit.

Shadow factories are the latest and most dangerious of all counterfeits. These items are based on the legitimate product and usually made in a sister factory or same factory as the original. Often the ingredients are the same but watered down, or the rejected ingredients from the legitimate factory, it may be similar ingredients but not OEM, or it could be. Some shadow factories use counterfeit ingredients but most or all of the OEM packaging. Others use watered down or diluted mixtures but still with most or all of the OEM packaging. Tel tale signs of shadow factory products is when you buy them from sources that bend the rules for USA puchases such as "NOT REQUIRING A PRESCRIPTION FOR A PRESCRIPTION ITEM BEING SHIPPED TO THE USA" That is almost always a dead giveaway. Why shadow factory products are so dangerious is because they are manufactired using some or all of the real product in moden factories butt he actual product isn't copverd byt he manufacture and the quality of the ingredients vary. You can but it 10 times and the first 3 are about 95% potency, the next 2 are only 50%, the next 2 are 82%, and the last 10%. because they use the OEM packaging and production methods they can creep into the legitimate supply line easily. If this happens, your only protection is where you bought it.

Shopping for price is always goo, but please don't let price cloud your common sense because it's your pet that will suffer the most...

Old 11-04-2011, 12:52 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
thanks for the link
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
I'm bookmarking that.

great prices for flea and tick protection, too .... although i have switched to pet armour for as long as it keeps working......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs