Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 07:20 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,427,629 times

Advertisements

What an awful story Hopes! And Scooby, I don't think all breeders are like that of course, but people buying puppies really need to have a skeptical eye and check things out (the best they can) and not just go on "reputation" because that can be total BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2014, 08:39 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
I don't think all breeders are like that of course, but people buying puppies really need to have a skeptical eye and check things out (the best they can) and not just go on "reputation" because that can be total BS.
Exactly. My girlfriend's experience shows just how hard it is to identify even with a skeptical eye since she was a guest on her property for a few years. This woman is very connected in the dog world and has an excellent reputation. While she may not be the norm, she's certainly not an anomaly.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:04 AM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
It's good to see this man in orange...hope that is his color for many, many years. Looks like he will
get at least another 5 yrs for the pot. Barred from owning any animal until he is in his 80's.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:33 AM

8 posts, read 10,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Here's a great webpage with updates of court actions and the malamutes placements.

Over 150 Malamutes seized in Montana, 10/13/11 -- Updates

It reads from bottom to top in date order. It seems the malamutes were held as evidence until earlier this year and only recently became available for adoption. It's not clear where they are available.
Thanks for the link but I thought that there was some info in it regarding being held as evidence until earlier this year. If I missed it, please direct me to that. I'm interested.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:37 AM

19,771 posts, read 22,673,762 times
I live in Helena MT- that was a sad deal but had a real happy ending. The dogs all got placed after the dust settled. While the dogs were in custodial care, local businesses were hosting events all over town to raise money to care and feed the animals. The local brew pups had chili feeds, donated a $1 per pint to the shelters- lot's of things like that. Places were packed on those nights.

Montanans love their dogs. We live very much in a dog friendly culture here. Pets waiting outside stores for their owners, all of them very social and friendly. It's amazing what an outpouring of support there is when something like this happens.

Here is a typical photo of a parking lot in fair weather (Gardiner Montana General Mercantile) - http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...gs-pickups.jpg 6 dogs in 3 trucks!

As for being suspect of all breeders- that's a gross generalization and entirely untrue. There are fantastic breeders all over the place. Our friends are GSP breeders and they care for their dogs like no one else I have seen. Not only raising good, solid field stock, but working with their own animals usually daily on honing their birding skills. We go over their at least every other week and help them train dogs (not just mine).

Extremely compassionate, very well educated and some of the best people I have met. Same thing back east from the breeder we got our Basenji from.

Last edited by Threerun; 07-06-2014 at 10:50 AM..

Old 07-06-2014, 10:49 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1yuri View Post
Thanks for the link but I thought that there was some info in it regarding being held as evidence until earlier this year. If I missed it, please direct me to that. I'm interested.
The info is in all of the court actions that are on the timeline in that link.

Start reading the info starting at beginning (2011) which is at the bottom of the webpage. Read upward from there.

They weren't held as evidence. As subjecttochange corrected, they were held until ownership was dissolved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs