Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2014, 02:38 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,590,447 times

Advertisements

Last night I went to a free concert at a park across the street from the beach.Boyfriend was going but at the last minute changed his mind as it was quite hot out and he did not want to sit in the sun for the hour it takes for the sun to get low enough that the park is covered in shade.His mistake as being across the street from the ocean it was not as hot as it was just a few blocks inland. I really wanted to see the band so decided I would take Dazzle as he will lay down and stay quite. The concert does allow dogs and there are many families with small kids and dogs there and most have a nice picnic dinner too. Dazzle and I got settled and a beautiful blue eyed female husky was with the people next to us and after she flirted with Dazzle for awhile they both settled down with her looking dreamily at him and him ignoring her ( boys!) The music got going and the dogs were both behaving and then some guy with an off leash dog comes wandering through and while it was a very nice dog it was just wandering around as it passed sniffing food in the hands of the kids by me,sniffing both Daz and the husky which caused them both to stand up. Daz was easy to get back down and settled but the poor people with the husky she would not settle down as the man and his dog sat off to the other side of them a few people away but he let the dog wander, so the husky would not lay down as she was watching the other dog. Then the man kept getting up and coming and going with the dog following and sniffing around which was annoying especially for that blue eyed beauty.

I wanted to enjoy myself so did not go confront the man but I have to ask what type of A-hole brings a a dog to an event with a good 2000-3000 people and does not have it on a leash and not only that but lets it wander and bother other people? I do not know where the cops and park ranger were as usually they are at these things and why he did not get busted for an off leash dog as yeah this city does have a heafty fee when you do get busted . I love dogs and I love the fact that the city still lets them come to these as the neighboring city now does not as it too has a free summer concert in the park series. If the city stops allowing them it will be because of idiots like this dude. Most of the dogs that come are well behaved and lay quietly with their owners and I think for both dog owners and parents it is a nice way to spend an evening after working all day and be able to include your dog and /or your kids. It is a big park and you can walk around and still hear the music too so it is a great evening for most.

Why do some people ( not just dog owners as this can apply to many things) think rules do not apply to them and that it is oK to break them even when it is annoying those around you? In this case think of how wild it may have been if everyone that brought their dog was like this guy and had the dog off leash
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs