Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 03:41 PM

16,286 posts, read 10,434,651 times

Advertisements

They complained about her children throwing rocks and shells into the water. Said they were scaring the fish.

I'm still trying to wrap my arms around this entire scenario.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 09:06 AM

21 posts, read 37,357 times
Thanks Everyone for your advise. I am sorry the first post was confusing I was still upset and I was tending to my 7 month old Grandbaby while writing it. I have been in contact with animal control and he believes I need to go to the sheriffs department next time I am there. I am very upset she moved my dog out into the sun. The shade was actually a carport not just a tree that provided shade at certain times of the day. I do not want my dog to be a bother to anyone. I mentioned before he has a lot of issues we are trying to correct, maybe soon we will get him in order, he is sweet and has come a long way. We have 4 dogs and this one is the only one they complain about, but they have let me know they really don't like them. We do have a cat but she likes to stay home. Thanks for any additional info you may run across. I purchased a DVD to help with training the dog, I will let you know if they work or at least help.

Old 04-24-2015, 07:40 PM

1,961 posts, read 2,255,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsKidsWaterBowl View Post
Thanks Everyone for your advise. I am sorry the first post was confusing I was still upset and I was tending to my 7 month old Grandbaby while writing it. I have been in contact with animal control and he believes I need to go to the sheriffs department next time I am there. I am very upset she moved my dog out into the sun. The shade was actually a carport not just a tree that provided shade at certain times of the day. I do not want my dog to be a bother to anyone. I mentioned before he has a lot of issues we are trying to correct, maybe soon we will get him in order, he is sweet and has come a long way. We have 4 dogs and this one is the only one they complain about, but they have let me know they really don't like them. We do have a cat but she likes to stay home. Thanks for any additional info you may run across. I purchased a DVD to help with training the dog, I will let you know if they work or at least help.
Please check out Dr. Sophia Yin...a highly regarded veterinary behaviorist with tons of free training videos and articles on her website for any canine issue imaginable. All designed to be easy to follow and do.

Animal Behaviorist | Dr. Sophia Yin, DVM, MS

Old 04-25-2015, 08:00 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,129,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
You left the dog in a Kennel or Small crate? You were gone at LEAST 90 mins RT + shopping time & the dog had No Water? You left the dog in the Shade No Water But they left the dog in the Sun With Water! How do you know When the sun moved leaving the dog trapped on a crate with no water. Could be the tie out Was in the shade when they moved the dog & at Least he then had Water! As for what he had water in Dosent matter. Lady-Bug has several Ex-Large Litter pans they get clean & Bleached weekly they rotate as Potty are & Water pools [outside! on hot summer day] BTW Lady -bug is my 8# Pap not a cat. I believe the Neighbors are Trying to help with ideas & Help with the dog while you were gone. I Don't see them as a problem. Of course when you bring things like them what they wear etc I wonder about YOU! BTW they could have called the Animal control on you! 1st time you might get a warning! Next Fined & 3rd time Lose the dog & Jailed! WATER at All times No mater How long a dog is outside & Shelter is a MUST! You ought to be Thanking these folks for Caring more about the dog than turning you in!!
I agree with this and what others are saying. I have lived next door to barking dogs and it almost drove me insane. nobody should have the enjoyment of their home disrupted by inconsiderate neighbors who let a dog bark. Of course any dog will bark during play or to alert but a confined dog barking constantly is WRON..for the dog and the neighbors. If you can't leave the dog inside while you are gone then don't subject your neighbors to its constant barking.

You shot yourself in the foot as far as sympathy by bringing up their physical appearance. What does that have to do with anything except your own insecurities and biases?

Old 04-25-2015, 01:09 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,766,178 times
I live in the city center and even here every other neighbor seems to have a dog, pretty big ones even. Basically, there is constant barking and usually I no longer notice it. When one of those dogs starts to bark for whatever reason, the others start to bark as well. After like 10 minutes they are done, until the next wave 10 minutes later

Moderator cut: insulting in the Dog forum

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 04-26-2015 at 11:01 PM..

Old 04-25-2015, 04:16 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,231,909 times
I have similar neighbors who leave their dog outside while they are away and it barks non stop. I have no patience for people who try and justify that their barking dog is acceptable and it is the rest of us that have the problem.

I have two dogs that I don't leave outside when I'm not home and when they do go outside while I'm home they are NEVER allowed to bark. They were taught this while they were puppies.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:13 PM

37,639 posts, read 46,052,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Goldfish also reduce stress (probably much more so than dogs because fish are quiet), while not crapping all over the place and occasionally ripping people apart...
LOL!!

Old 04-27-2015, 11:33 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,125,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsKidsWaterBowl View Post
We purchased a vacation place, we go to once maybe if lucky twice a month, March thru Sept. weather permitting. Our neighbors started complaining as soon as we started coming. The dogs first we started keeping them on leashes and put up a fence between them and us, We place the dogs in a Kennel when we have to leave to get something or to get parts to repair items. This weekend we went to mow and clean up our yard and the other neighbors yard( the other neighbors mowed our yard when we couldn't come and we are trying to do them the same courtesy).We left to get a bite to eat and get a part to fix a faucet that broke while we were gone which the grumpy neighbors did shut off our water, which we told them thank you. But anyway while we were gone we left our rescue puppy in a kennel outside on the opposite side of the yard in shade, when we got home the dog was on his tie out in the sun with a kitty litter bucket for water(gross). I went to let him off to feed him and the neighbors came over and started screaming at me for the dog barking because I was gone all morning. We were gone longer than expected but we didn't leave until almost 9am and were back by 11:30, it takes approx. 35-45 to get to town and another 35-45 to get back home. This didn't go well this isn't the first time they have came over and just moved a dog because they didn't like where we had them, once with us there.

Crate train your dogs and keep them inside. The neighbors shouldn't have to listen to your dog bark, no matter how short a time.

The Kids, they were playing in the water and they were tossing the shells and rocks, or throwing them as the neighbors claimed and they complained about that, because the kids were scaring the fish away, they weren't even trying to fish.

Tell your kids not to throw crap into the lake.

The kids make to much noise when they are playing, they complained because my daughter who is an adult walked over to get the birdie. We were told they go to bed at 7:30-8pm and to keep the noise away, so we are like trying to tip toe and go inside and play card games so not to disturb them.
We usually come in on Friday Night late so we can wake up and have the whole day there, we feed and water the dogs and go to bed, we water the dogs to loud.

Keep your stuff on your own lawn.

We have a resell business and have taken 3 things from the neighbors to try and help them sell, we sold one and didn't charge them anything gave them the money and now I am carrying the other two back next time that we go, we don't take things on consignment and they ask so we did it. My husband has also helped them with lawnmowers and directed him when building the outdoor shower, also my husband climbed their electric pole because there wires were being pulled and was unsafe, he temporarily fixed it, so the Dad wouldn't get hurt or killed.

Bring their stuff back, don't do them any more favors.

We have to look at them in their speedos and their fat bellies hanging out and their butts shinning, it's so bad we send the kids inside if they come out

Sounds like a personal problem

Their cat use to be the problem coming over and teasing the dogs, yes the cat was on our property.
We have our home and one other place that we visit about the same and the neighbors haven't complained,(we have asking them and they said as long as it is not at night they don't have a problem) their is a dog that barks at night there where you can't always sleep. I feel I am there for the weekend I can bear with it.

Cat's don't "tease" dogs. They roam, and are for the most part nocturnal. Keep your dogs inside. Problem solved.

Sorry for being all over the place just trying to make sure everything is here, I don't want to be the BAD neighbor which is what she called me.

You basically earned the title of "bad neighbor"

If you are going to build your house within 12 inches and place a RV within 3 inches from the property line that is when you should supply a sound proofing not complain.

Huh??

Oh I was told in the screaming match to put my dog in my RV and I will not do that because the electricity kicks a breaker and it gets hot! hot! I am worried that they will try and poison my dog when I am not looking. It actually wasn't my RV they wanted me to put him in they wanted me to put him in my sons RV which is farther from them, I do not have a key to my sons RV and I respect my sons things as they do mine.

KEEP THE DOGS INSIDE IN A CRATE, PROBLEM SOLVED.

We haven't had enough time to rerun the electricity and to meet with the electric company to get that all reworked, maybe when we can that might be an option but for now, unhappy neighbors.
SELL THE HOUSE.
Sounds like you're playing professional victim here. Your dogs are loud, your kids are loud, your stuff is all over the place. People deserve peace and quiet, and you're the opposite.

Last edited by carterstamp; 04-27-2015 at 12:06 PM..

Old 04-27-2015, 12:00 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,173,406 times
Can't make out what all that was... but my rule of thumb is this. I live in a very quiet neighborhood. I chose it for that reason. If someone moves in next to me and ignores (for whatever reason) a dog that barks and howls incessantly then I will ask you once to keep them quiet, and then the cops will be called to take care of the situation.

You may not care that your dogs are noisy, and may not think it is a big deal. That doesn't mean the neighbors need to live with it.

Now, for those who will say I'm being a bad neighbor - so be it... I am not the one who brought undisciplined dogs into the picture. If you want to keep your dogs - then train them and keep them quiet.

Old 04-27-2015, 12:06 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,125,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Can't make out what all that was... but my rule of thumb is this. I live in a very quiet neighborhood. I chose it for that reason. If someone moves in next to me and ignores (for whatever reason) a dog that barks and howls incessantly then I will ask you once to keep them quiet, and then the cops will be called to take care of the situation.

You may not care that your dogs are noisy, and may not think it is a big deal. That doesn't mean the neighbors need to live with it.

Now, for those who will say I'm being a bad neighbor - so be it... I am not the one who brought undisciplined dogs into the picture. If you want to keep your dogs - then train them and keep them quiet.

I had to actually copy it onto word so I could understand that nonsense. People deserve peace and quiet at home, and the guy seems like a nuisance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs