Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 10:36 PM

1,961 posts, read 2,256,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I So Sorry but there Not any test for what your dog died of. They are blaming it on everything from Shots to Heartworm meds So this is something beyond even the breeders.
The link to vaccinations, and possibly drugs, does make sense.

IMHA (like juvenile diabetes in humans) is an immune system gone haywire attacking itself. That can occur when the animal is exposed to a foreign agent (like a drug or a virus) that shares some of the same surface proteins as the animal's own red blood cells (RBCs)...the animal naturally produces antibody to the foreign agent and the antibody then binds to the RBCs causing their rapid destruction. That can also occur when repeated vaccinations assault the immune system sending it into overdrive with no outlet but to attack itself.

It is natural for the immune system to fight, even repeatedly, against inhaled/ingested virus. It is definitely *not* natural for the immune system to be repeatedly inundated with virus (whether killed or modified live) injected into muscle tissue.

IMHA is a tragic disease and can affect any breed. Although there are some breeds that appear pre-disposed. My breed, the Australian Shepherd, is not yet I know several that have succumbed to IMHA.

IMO vaccinations should never be repeated after one high titer result (post vaccination) for both Parvo and Distemper. The high titer result proves, to the limits of our current testing methods, that the dog has produced effective antibody and thus has a normally functioning immune system. Thereafter, even if the titer drops...as it should in a healthy animal whose immune system is conserving energy for only the necessary battles...the immune system's memory cells (B lymphocytes aka cellular immunity) will immediately ramp up antibody production upon exposure to the virus.

Rabies vaccination must be given by state law but there is an esteemed team of researchers working on establishing the duration of immunity for Rabies so we may soon see titers for Rabies as an alternative. I am ever hopeful since Rabies vaccines are responsible for more vaccine-related problems than the other viral vaccines. Except for possibly Feline Leukemia vaccination site cancers in cats.

Vaccinations save many lives. Over-vaccination can kill and certainly pushes some healthy animals into a sickened state.

Sorry for the book. I am an Immunohematologist so I am a bit obsessed and have a solid technical basis for my decades long adamant stance against re-vaccination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs