Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 04:54 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,425,493 times

Advertisements

Thanks, southward bound, I'm really partial to them. Kind of glad they're hard to find around here b/c I'd be tempted to always buy the newer patterns <G>. Am kind of reluctant to order online b/c I don't like paying shipping. We go to some dog events (meetups etc) in the northeast occasionally, when the weather is nice, and there's quite a few dogs who wear the Lupine patterns, have even seen them sold in a few dog supply stores in NC, just few and far between in my state of NJ, go figure. Take care -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2008, 07:15 PM

32 posts, read 215,871 times
A semi happy ending...

I emailed the company the next day to tell them about the defect. Today they sent me a brand new, more expensive leash. They just wanted me to send mine back so they could investigate. While it doesn't make up for my moments of panic, It's so nice to find a pet company who really cares...

Old 01-30-2008, 07:38 PM

1,310 posts, read 6,558,182 times
Wow, what company was this again?

Old 01-30-2008, 07:48 PM

32 posts, read 215,871 times
It's called Aspen Pet. They were quick and very on the ball when it came to their customer service...something I've come to appriciate after working on a cruise ship for 3 years. And the best part that I forgot to mention: They sent 5 of their large edible dental chews (mint and pepperoni). Porter is enjoying one now.

Old 01-30-2008, 09:51 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,425,493 times
Wow, that IS nice. Hopefully they'll find a defect and will let you know. I sent back a harness to another company, Four Paws, along w/ a note, never heard a word back from them (luckily the dog wasn't pulling much and I didnt have to race to catch him, it was a few years ago and I can't even remember where it broke, just that it wasnt that pricey to begin with but it was fairly new and I was disappointed in them, couldnt remember where I bought it so I was out of luck returning it locally), will stick w/ Lupine. Glad Porter's enjoying his chews!

Old 01-14-2009, 01:45 PM

8 posts, read 14,414 times
I second the martindale recommendation. They don't choke the dog and are potentially safer than a regular collar because they disperse the pressure on the neck. Also, they close less like choking the dog and more attention getting (like how you'd grab a child's arm to stop them from running into the street).

Old 01-14-2009, 05:09 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,662,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonster View Post
Hello,

I have recently adopted a 1.5 year old border collie/black lab mix. He is sweet, but he's still very much a puppy. This is my first very own dog, having grown up with them. We live in an apartment and walk about 5 times a day. This morning while walking (he's on a harness)the claps opened and he ran. Thank god it was the morning, and he actually ran back to me. So I tossed it up to being a fluke, when it happened again later today. So now I've got two leashes on him. One is the one that has a faulty clasp, and the other is a thinner leash that he's kinda chewed. It makes our walks anxious. I'm constantly stopping him to check the clasp. It's not the kind that you push down and it releases...it's like a carry beaner. And I guess when he walks around the ring works it's way off. So does anyone have the similar problem, can you recomend a leash. He's not trained, but we will be starting school in 2 weeks. I just need something to get by until he's more well mannered. Thanks
I have been doing rescue for over 12 years, every dog we rescued including all of mine never leave the shelter or the house without this choker! The safest way to walk a dog! Sold only at Petsmart! Every dog should be walked on this collar. It is just used for when you leave the house with them! You have to adjust it so it fits like there own collar and do not remove there permanent collar. This is used with it. To be even safer you can use the regular choke collar. If put on right it does not harm the dog! Every dog should be walked on either!

Old 01-16-2009, 09:41 AM

342 posts, read 1,831,685 times
Martingale collars (aka greyhound collars) won't help in the instance of a faulty lead clasp, but they are great collars, especially for dogs that tend to back out of their collars (because their necks are thicker/wider than their heads).

Martingale Collars, Designer Dog Collars, Buckle Dog Collars, Greyhound Collars, Sighthound Collars and Velvet Leashes This is by far my favorite site for martingale collars. Beautiful designs, choice of collar width, silver-colored or brass hardware, hand crafted, and great construction. They also make leashes with the same quality hardware.

Leads and collars from chain pet stores work fine (I used them for my puppy because they were cheap and I didn't mind so much if they were chewed up), but if you compare their construction and hardware to those from 2 Hounds Designs or the like, there's a HUGE difference.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:27 PM

1,179 posts, read 8,710,944 times
What kind of clasps was it? If you use a lead with a bullsnap you have a pretty good chance of no lead problems. I've had an issue with the kind that bend down to hook onto the collar ring. They can twist around and come unhooked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs