Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2017, 08:25 AM

1 posts, read 620 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I wanted to ask you all about what could possibly happened to my aunt's dog. FYI, my country isn't very developed and things like vets are very hard to come by. To go to the nearest vet, we need to take 3 flights, which sadly, doesn't allow animals abroad. It pains me to say that we are an awful owners who couldn't get our sick dog to a vet...

So the thing is my aunt's dog was pregnant but had a miscarriage 5 months ago. She was okay after that, nothing seemed to be wrong. She ate a lot, sleep a lot, and was energetic. My aunt rested her for 2 months after the miscarriage. About 3 months ago, my aunt tried to mate her again, but a week after the mating, she bleed from her V. The blood wasn't much, it was about 10 drops on the floor. My aunt was very worried about her. My aunt thought that she just wasn't fully healed yet, so she fully rested her for 3 more months.

Just a week before, my aunt said that she tried to mate her dog again and today, the exact same thing happened. The dog bleed again. She didn't show a pained expression or anything. She looked as if she was in her menstrual cycle, but the thing is, she wasn't on her menstrual cycle. I warned my aunt not to mate her ever again, but I'm worried that it will develop into something serious.

Could you possibly have an explanation for what happened? I really appreciate your help...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2017, 09:06 PM

2,333 posts, read 2,000,178 times
I whole-heartedly agree with your thinking: "Do not let this dog mate again". Or, in your words "Do not breed this dog again.". Obviously, something deeper has gone wrong. We, in this forum, can not tell you what that might be - because we would have to be there to examine the dog closely. It might be possible that this female dog might someday be a mother, but from this distance, we can not say for sure, and it seems, based on what you have told us, unlikely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs