Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2015, 04:28 PM

19 posts, read 17,855 times

Advertisements

My husband s aunt passe on Sunday in Baltimore Maryland her funeral is next Tuesday at 11 A. M. now I cannot stand his oldest sister and do not wont to be in that car with her for 5 long hours then I have a 22 year old special needs daughter also she and I both are not used to traveling may be to much for her.

My daughter attends a day support group 5 days a week and she went back on yesterday after 2 weeks being sick I or her have anything to wear I have only one suit when my husband goes home to visit his sister Sunday is the one we would stay with well they went up before his aunt passed last week Kevin ended up being at his brother s Peter s the whole time no one came to pick him up take to his sisters.

Its like you get there no things have changed his brothers house is crowded his niece and nephew and her baby think to move out on the 23rd this month usually my husband sleeps in the basement not this time in the lounge chair in his bedroom I was like where would my daughter and I sleep.

His sister has said some things about me concerning how I take care of Kevin she does not appreciate me and sometimes I do not feel has my daughter s best interest at heart she does not treat Kevin right he has a big family I am staying home all to it.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 04:41 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyshy View Post
My husband s aunt passe on Sunday in Baltimore Maryland her funeral is next Tuesday at 11 A. M. now I cannot stand his oldest sister and do not wont to be in that car with her for 5 long hours then I have a 22 year old special needs daughter also she and I both are not used to traveling may be to much for her.

My daughter attends a day support group 5 days a week and she went back on yesterday after 2 weeks being sick I or her have anything to wear I have only one suit when my husband goes home to visit his sister Sunday is the one we would stay with well they went up before his aunt passed last week Kevin ended up being at his brother s Peter s the whole time no one came to pick him up take to his sisters.

Its like you get there no things have changed his brothers house is crowded his niece and nephew and her baby think to move out on the 23rd this month usually my husband sleeps in the basement not this time in the lounge chair in his bedroom I was like where would my daughter and I sleep.

His sister has said some things about me concerning how I take care of Kevin she does not appreciate me and sometimes I do not feel has my daughter s best interest at heart she does not treat Kevin right he has a big family I am staying home all to it.
Stay Home
Problem solved

Old 10-06-2015, 04:45 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyshy View Post

All this drama for no reason.

Stay home, no explaining necessary.
Attending a funeral is not required no matter what anyone tells you.

Old 10-06-2015, 04:57 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,577,410 times
weird thread

Old 10-06-2015, 05:17 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Go and turn it into a wake

Old 10-06-2015, 06:54 PM

828 posts, read 908,203 times
It sounds like it would be a hardship for you to attend, but I'm not positive. I'm just going by what you said.

I think you should send a lovely bouquet and/or a Harry and David type of gift, make calls to whoever you should give sincere condolences to, and explain your situation. I am sure any reasonable person would understand.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:02 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,890,726 times
Your husband should make his own decision but you and your daughter should not go. Just tell everyone that you have to work or your daughter can't make the trip.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:06 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
Your husband's sister is going to pick him up and take him? Problem solved. Stay home with your daughter. I wouldn't send anything more than a card, since your husband is representing your family.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:13 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
Just don't go.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:56 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
I do not wont to attend my husband s aunt s funeral

Well, I'm not going to make you go.

But this isn't about you. It's about your husband, whose aunt has died. Was he close to her? Is he grieving? What does HE want to do? Whatever it is, you should support him. He knows how you feel about the family, and he knows what your daughter can and cannot handle. If he's OK with you staying home, then stay home. But if he wants you to go to support him, you should suck it up and go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships