Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 11:44 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
I always try to make my dog walk on my left so he's on the parkway side of the grass. n.
I also do the same thing.

But in this day and age you should be overjoyed that someone is doing the bare minimum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2017, 11:52 AM

797 posts, read 752,469 times
Its rude plain and simple. Personally I would have went outside and told him directly to get off my property. If he is too stupid and stubborn to understand that it's rude,perhaps further action needs to be taken.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:53 AM

797 posts, read 752,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
In a word: yes. You live in a community.
If you want to live behind a moat... you need to move.

Not picking up their dogs poop is another matter
but even then there is often some er, uhm. residue that will remain.
Sadly this is truth.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:59 AM

4,314 posts, read 3,997,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
What a silly and baseless hypothesis - comparing human behavior with an animal's. It has nothing to do with whether or not some people consider their dogs family, they never said their dogs were human beings. Most dog owners do control their pets and lead them to common ground and do not deliberately and maliciously guide them to private property for the purpose of having them pee on someone's lawn.
If a dog owner can't control their dog from going on private property ( aka trespassing) how can they prevent them from going onto the road/street.

If a dog is........." just as much a part of family as my kids are "......do you let kids trespass?

Old 05-12-2017, 12:02 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,997,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCL111 View Post
When I take my dog for a walk I like to say he is checking his "pee-mail".
He goes on the area between the sidewalk and street - I don't let him in someone's main lawn. Hope people always pick up the poo - if not it makes for bad poo karma!
........."I don't let him in someone's main lawn ".....

If you can prevent your dog from trespassing , so can other dog owners !

Being lazy or not caring is no excuse !

Old 05-12-2017, 12:06 PM

1,585 posts, read 1,932,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
Last night a women who lives in my development was walking her beautiful large Husky. She proceeded to let the dog urinate on my front yard, near a tree and a flower bed. We added an element to our alarm system that alerts us to someone in our yard (not near the street) so we looked out when we heard the alarm and watched the owner allow the pet behavior.

I do not know the owners, but have seen them before in the neighborhood and they seemed pleasant, waving, etc. I posted a mention on our HOA FB page that I thought was improper pet owner behavior and rude.

Of course I was summarily blasted by other residents.

Is it too much to ask that all the hard work my 71 year old husband puts into our yard, restoring it from neglect from the previous owner and spending money on flowers, fertilizer, etc. to think dog walkers would curb their dog and use city-owned grass areas near the street? I don't feel it is asking too much.

The owner responded that, basically, his dog could pee anywhere it wanted, it wasn't something he considered or worried about and that he picks up feces per city rules. I understand that there may be a generational difference of opinion here. He was not totally impolite but his responses as well as other responses had a snarky quality to them.

I just wonder how these people would feel if I deposited about a pint of urine on their front yard and flowers.

Opinions, please.
They probably would laugh their @ss off and trip over themselves to get their phone to record the old lady depositing urine on their lawn.

You live in a neighborhood, honestly were you under the belief that dogs would not pee in your yard? Let's come back down to the real world and accept the realities of the environment you choose to live in.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:08 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,647,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
And there you got personal. You got exactly what you deserve.
Right. So much for having ANY expectations that people will behave in a sane way.

I'll stand by the call-out.

The dog owner in question was out walking her dog on the opposite side of the street as my husband has edging our property.

I suppose the message was received as intended.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:09 PM

1,585 posts, read 1,932,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellshii View Post
Its rude plain and simple. Personally I would have went outside and told him directly to get off my property. If he is too stupid and stubborn to understand that it's rude,perhaps further action needs to be taken.
What further action is that? Please enlighten us as to what you would have done, when he looked and laughed at you.

Call the police, yeah have fun convincing an officer to do anything but sigh and roll their eyes.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post
I think you're being ridiculous here. Poop I could understand.
And when was the last time you had to buy sod to replace a dying yellow patch of lawn that a dog urinated in?

Thought so.

So much for grandkids walking barefoot on our lawn - just plain unsanitary.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Generational, my big ole butt. I'm 50 and I think you need to get over yourself.

It's pee. It's not going to hurt your precious grass, for goodness sake. I have four female dogs and my grass and flowerbeds are just dandy.

Not to mention, it was passive-aggressive and cowardly to boot. You could have walked outside when your little alarm went off, and talked to the neighbors yourself.

I can only imagine what nickname your neighborhood has given you.
The urine burns the grass, we have to cut out the sod and replace it. Has happened exactly where this dog has urinated.

Say what you will. I'm tired of paying for a dog to use my lawn as a toilet. Unsanitary.

The neighbor made haste when my husband and I went outside, after view the instance from our window...
Some people care about their property, home values and neighborhood. Perhaps that is a concept that some may not understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs