Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2023, 06:26 AM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times

Advertisements

Happy story…My son is on his 3rd Dogo Argentino. This puppy is over 100# and is a handful. They are familiar with the breed, and he’s well trained, but still a puppy. Point being, he doesn’t need another dog right now.

My son went to the house in Puerto Rico that they are remodeling as a short term rental, and there was a scrawny starving, flea infested puppy there. The yard is gated, so someone had to have dumped it. Of course he had to take care of it. She is white, like the Dogo, but should stay small. She weighed 9# but is now up to 19#. My granddaughter named her Olivia.

Incidentally, in Puerto Rico, the dogs run free. It breaks your heart to see some of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2023, 05:30 AM

My dog had a tick on him yesterday. His flea and tick meds are supposed to kill them. He never leaves our yard, and this is the only tick we’ve seen in 13 years, so I’m wondering where the tick came from? We have squirrels.

Old 11-20-2023, 11:45 AM

18,116 posts, read 11,749,491 times
I like the name Argentino - I thought this name to be Italian. I had to check it out online! Nope, it's a Spanish name, and a whole page of information on this name and this breed.

Argentino

Everything under the sun! It's a great choice for a dog's name with so much information attached. See for yourself.

Old 11-20-2023, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
We have had both a deaf dog and a deaf cat. Both adapted very well, and could understand gestures and hand signals.
Since I wrote this, I visited a family who has two rescue greyhounds. One of them is deaf and going blind. She puts her nose close to your mouth, and smells your breath, and her owner says she will remember and identify me forever by doing this.

Old 11-21-2023, 06:53 AM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times
According to NBC News this morning:

"Strep Zoo" (a respiratory pathogen) has been detected at the San Diego Humane Society. All 700 dogs on antibiotics.

Unfortunately, 4 dogs have already died.

That is all.

Old 11-21-2023, 02:41 PM

18,116 posts, read 11,749,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Since I wrote this, I visited a family who has two rescue greyhounds. One of them is deaf and going blind. She puts her nose close to your mouth, and smells your breath, and her owner says she will remember and identify me forever by doing this.
Were the two rescue Greyhounds adopted together by the same family? This helps a great deal. The two will stick together and help each other. The blind dog will lean on his adopted sibling more, and stay closer together to lead the way. It's wonderful how dogs work together, it's all self-taught.

The dpg that smells your breathe to identify you, he also is learning everything else about you. IMO, he is relating to your smell, your touch, your kindness, the way you interact with him, the way you hold him/pet him, all of these non-hearing things about you - and he may feel the vibrations of your voice as you are talking/touching him. He will never forget you if you treat him kindly. He will never be skittish around you. Your aroma in the air - watch him next time you see him - his nose is upward as if he got a whiff of you. This is a special bonding, Gentle Arts.

relationship

Old 12-25-2023, 05:43 AM

1 posts, read 406 times
Australian Shepherds are known for their incredible intelligence, agility, and stunning appearance. But when it comes to cuddling, do these dogs live up to the expectations. Esteemdog are providing latest updates about dogs. Read more... https://esteemdog.com/are-australian-shepherds-cuddly

Last edited by danieljones8078; 12-25-2023 at 05:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs