Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2008, 04:18 PM

1 posts, read 3,974 times

Advertisements

hello i have 16 years old do silky yorky terrier and i was away 3 week and my friend stay at my suite and when i got back he was 1/2 of his size and he doest want to eat almost anything try all his favourite things as well boil eggs,chicken breast and some lamb,beef - fish sausage etc he also have some light coloured like diarrhoea jelly look and i do not know what i can do he looks for something to eat but doesnt want anything am giving him,he always had sensitive stomach so i cant give him human food .Please can you help me Thanks lots Rene

Last edited by Keeper; 01-16-2009 at 08:26 AM.. Reason: unable to read in white
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 09:44 PM

1,477 posts, read 7,910,487 times
It was nearly impossible to read your message because of the font color you chose.

Your dog is 16 and isn't eating and is probably dehydrated. You need to get the dog to the vet ASAP. We can't help you--your dog needs medical care. Soon. Diarrhea is life threatening for older dogs.

Giardia can cause the type of diarrhea your dog has, but you'll need to have the stool tested. Take a fecal sample when you go.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:40 AM

5,094 posts, read 12,588,711 times
Get your dog to the vet ASAP. It could be liver problems as often stool becomes light colored with liver problems . Not eating could also be related to liver issues. No one here can tell what the problem really is so please go to the vet ASAP.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:49 AM

1 posts, read 3,524 times
Default Old dog eating problems and diarrhoea

Dog is 12 and will not eat she is lethargic and has recently getting diarrhoea, the vet says she may have cancer but due tio her age there is not much to be done she is a collie /cross

Old 01-16-2009, 12:17 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,010,195 times
I have a silky terrier and they have VERY sensitive stomachs. My Bobby can have absolutely NO human food, not even a taste, or else he'll get that "jelly-like" diarrhea you described. There's one exception to that -- plain yoghurt. If Bobby starts with that diarrhea (and I found out someone gave him table scraps, grrrrr), I give him a few teaspoons of yoghurt and that seems to calm things down. You'd think that a dairy product would make things worse but it doesn't. I guess the yoghurt cultures help.

Anyhoo, what you're describing is mucus from an irritated intestinal tract that needs to be soothed. I don't think there's a danger of dehydration. Once the offending food is out of the system and his intestines calm down, all is well. Just keep him on his regular dog food and make sure everyone knows not to give him even a nibble of food from the table!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs