Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 10:13 AM

3 posts, read 4,511 times

Advertisements

I would have to say American Pit Bull Terrier. Mine is so gentle he thinks he is an over grown cat and forgets his size at times...lol. He tries to crawl into your lap when your on the couch and he ends up becoming a human weight instead of a paper weight. ^_^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 10:18 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,251,402 times
Great Dane or Chow would be my first picks. After rescuing a pit bull and then being around quite a few I also love that breed. They aren't the harbingers of evil that some people will have you believe.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:18 AM

26,658 posts, read 28,727,992 times
We have a second hand Pomeranian.

He is keenly intelligent, extremely funny, exceedingly obedient, totally soft and plush. He is very expressive and likes to smile. Energetic but also content to just lie around the house. He can play rough with you or settle down softly in your lap. He has absolutely no doggie smell at all. His deep soft coat requires some brushing but that's fun and just a part of snuggling.

He's nice to look at and his little face looks like a fox face. An all around lovable and affectionate little guy, fun fun fun.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:03 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,873,943 times
I have a soft spot in my heart for GSD's, my first, a working dog took bullets on two occassions that were meant for me. He lived to be eleven. When I finally had to put him down, I cried for three days. My second, still alive, big, smart, w/a sense of humor. Also have his daughter, a tiny little thing she is, 75lbs, He is a bit larger. I really enjoy dogs that are smart enough to play tricks on me and can think for themselves. Yeah, I am a German Shepherd fan. I don't dislike the other breeds, I simply favor my German Shepherd Dogs. They have spoiled me. We also have one genuine rescue mutt puppy, she is adorable, gentle w/sweet disposition.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:31 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,705,729 times
mutts, dalmations and the Bichon Frise!

Old 08-11-2010, 02:51 AM

3 posts, read 10,576 times
Hmm, Hmm, lets see now, my favorite breed? Irish Setters, one of the sweetest dogs in the whole wide world. Got 3 of them..........

Old 02-15-2011, 10:03 AM

5 posts, read 6,664 times
I like all dogs, I have had too many to count, and kept them all 'til God took them back. I have a Kai Ken and a Bengy terrier Mix right now. The former is the Noisiest Dog in the world and the latter is the oldest dog in the world. I really did fall in love with my Collie though, obedient, smart, drew attention for her looks, really she was a good friend! I was heart broken when she left us at age 13. Health wise and longevity wise, the mongrels and mixes always seem the best!

Old 02-15-2011, 11:20 AM

6,591 posts, read 24,876,207 times
ive never heard of a "bengy terrier"
tosa inus however are beautiful...beg to differ on the "noisiest breed" claim though...lol

i have to say my FAVORITE breed is the chinese crested...there odd, there alien, there unique and i would have NEVER considered owning one untill i got ruby as a temporary addition and she ended up staying. im now a slave to my cresties and dont think i could live without a couple in my life!

i have a soft spot for sighthounds and primitive breeds in general.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:06 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,441,787 times
My favorite breed is the mutt. I like a unique dog. My 2nd favorite is the pit bull because I love lap dogs! You'll never find a sillier, or more affectionate dog than a pit bull.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:17 PM

38,935 posts, read 22,935,370 times
I tend to like smaller dogs and my favorite one is a Schipperke:

I also like French bulldogs, but only ones that look like this one, with the same coloring on the coat with the darker color on the muzzle:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs