Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 03:33 PM

692 posts, read 3,856,563 times

Advertisements

I figured since I have so many pictures of all different topics; I mine as well smoosh them all into one thread and have a ton of pictures right? Lol

The middle of March I got to go up to my sisters job to see all the dogs she works with. She works at a vet clinic so whenever certain dogs come in she always calls to see if I want to come see them. I got other pictures, but this is Bear, he’s an Alapaha Blue Blooded Bulldog. He is stunning in person, but he’s pretty cute in pictures too.

On occasion she will also bring home puppies that have either been left at the vet clinic (like Polly) or like these two pups. The owner brought them in after the mother died from being poisoned. She no longer wanted the pups so the clinic took them in. They came home two nights, once when they were 10 days and then again when they were 3 weeks old.

These were taken at 3 weeks
Brandon

Veronica

As you can see; Teddie was the least bit happy being in the same room after the puppies kept crying. He loved the pups, but the yelps were too annoying for him.

Then this past Friday I went to pick up my sister and she brought out a 4 week old Standard Dachshund puppy. He was SOOOO unbelievably cute. The little stubby legs, long face and puppy belly.

A couple shots from around the house
Dogwoods blooming out front-

Dianthus

And I figured I’d add in the adoption pictures too..

Pretty Penny is a 5 year old, three pound Pomeranian. All she wants to do is sit in your lap and try to relax. She’s a puppy mill survivor who has been burned, poor little girl. I can literally hold her up with my thumb and first finger.. that’s how tiny she is. She also needs to be groomed badly!

This is a guest foster (I’m unsure of her name) and while she didn’t want to stray away from her foster she was hunky dory once she was in the field. She’s just another pitty clown.

Gus… he is a complete and utter goof. I sat down in the grass with him and after he relaxed enough to lay down he started erm.. “grooming” himself. I would holler at him “Don’t you be nasty!!” and he’d flop over onto his side, look at me out the corner of his eye, and paw over his face. Almost like he was ashamed that I’d just seem him do that. Lol I hope he gets adopted fast, he’s too sweet.

He says “No don’t take a picture of me when I look like this! It’s my bad side!!”

Tornado fits his name to a T; he has also been called the energizer bunny. He has never ending amounts of energy which makes him that much more of a happy spirit. He packs a punch for being itty bitty. He’s only about 20-25 pounds.

Yummy treats

Maddy is supposed to be a Boxer/lab mix, but I’m not too sure about that one. She is gentle and sweet. We suspect she’s been abused in the past, but she is on the road to recovery which means a whole new life.

Snickers is an owner surrender; they came right into the adoption and dropped him off. They said their home was too small for both him and their coming child so off he went. He cried for a while after they left, I’m sure completely confused as to why he was being left there. He is super smart and knows sit, down, wait, watch me.. Why some one would give this guy up, I have no idea.

And last but certainly not least is little Dora. She is said to be a min pin, but I am thinking else. I can’t put my finger on it though. Any ideas?

And I’ll end the thread with a shot of Ted. He has been acting pitiful lately; I think he knows I’m going back to work.

*All Done* Thanks for looking!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 03:43 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,454,356 times
Great pics. Such a treat! What kind of camera and lens are you using?

Old 04-06-2009, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Great pics. Such a treat! What kind of camera and lens are you using?
I have a Canon XTI. For most of the pictures I used my 28-90mm which is really kind of a dinky lens, but for just playing around it's a good lens for the price. I think I got it for $130 and if you really work with any lens you can get great pictures out of them. There are other lenses i'd like to have, but no way do I have $400+ to go towards a lens right now. I got the chance to borrow my past managers 28-135 and that is an awesome lens! It'll set ya back a few $$$ though!

I'd have to say it's a really good basic lens. When I bought my camera I bought the 50mm f/1.8 and it was good, but you can't get too big of a variety. And I like the 28-90mm a lot more than the kit lens. That's another bonus (besides saving money) when you buy the lenses and camera seperate.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:12 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,047,252 times
Thanks for sharing these pictures. They are so fabulous!!!

Dora with her tongue sticking out the side -- cracked me up!

The puppies -- each and every one of them -- are adorable!

But Gus... oh Gus... I'm a bit (OK, a lot!) in love with Gus.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post

Lol some how I knew a lot of people would like Gus Gus Boy, I'm not sure if it's his charming smile, pearly white fangs or his popsicle slurping story.

He won me over too, He is such a silly boy and he's only 8-9 months old. So he's got plenty of energy!

Old 04-06-2009, 07:40 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,665,345 times
All those doggies are so cute and your pics are always awesome! You take phenomenal pictures!

Old 04-07-2009, 12:40 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,846,929 times
Oh Snickers broke my heart. Poor baby. Lovely pics!

Old 04-07-2009, 06:05 AM

1,808 posts, read 6,498,243 times
I love your pics! Thank you for sharing.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:31 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,170,962 times
I agree! Wish I could have all of them!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post

Old 04-07-2009, 11:56 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,272,742 times
all adorable....................
thank you for sharing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs