Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 10:56 AM

10 posts, read 31,888 times

Advertisements

This is priceless. AC was in the neighborhood today to pick up a stray and noticed the boxer clearly in our yard. Yes!! All of this after the neighbor flat out lied about the dog not leaving her yard. Can't you believe that??? Perfect timing I must say! Its a same animals can't choose who their owners are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 11:18 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,424,010 times
Did they collect the boxer as well?

Old 05-14-2009, 11:59 AM

I think they did. I am just tired of having to deal with it. I had to throw away a good pair of shoes the other week. Its amazing how the dog owner thinks we are just complaining about nothing and we should not be bothering by her dogs in our yard destroying things.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:07 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,424,010 times
I wouldn't throw anything out...Keep it all for evidence! You never know what could come up. In fact, you may want to present her with an itemized bill! Your shoes, flea chemicals to rid your porch of the little pests, bushes and shrubbery etc. You'll never collect of course, but it will show her you mean business.
It really is a shame, that people like this give other dog owners a bad name We are not all like that!

Old 05-14-2009, 12:53 PM

ShelbyGirl I know. I use to be a dog owner myself. I had a laso apso. She was old and had to be put down. she was always walked on a leash and never got in the neighbors yard cause she had her own area. I did not get another dog because our home that we are in now does not have a fence. I couldn't imagine just letting a dog run in the streets. Most dog owners are great. i just happen to live near the few that aren't.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:35 AM

9 posts, read 12,593 times
you are not alone, my neighbors german-shephard has attacked other dog in our neighborhood and even chased my son up our driveway and the neighbor tells animal control its another dog doing it. And they believe her. Even thought I took them pictures of her dog in my yard. Keep on animal control. Sometimes it is the squeaky wheel that gets the grease. Hope you can get help.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:51 AM

1,121 posts, read 3,666,076 times
I had a problem with a neighbors bulldogs and animal control basically did nothing. They told me to file a complaint whenever the dogs were loose and when I called, there was nobody to take the complaint.
This is in WA. If your state is better and has a lease law, you need to take pictures and file a complaint every time the dogs are loose, however, I guarantee you animal control will not do anything until somebody gets hurt or one or both of the dogs are injured. At that time, the punishment will depend on the amount of complaints filed so at some point it will count.

Old 06-13-2009, 05:27 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,551,670 times
Default Sometimes, things are not as they appear

Dear Addie;

I couldn't tell from reading your posts whether the dogs were approachable, but IF they are, you might put them on a lead, and walk them back home. With you having the dogs with you when you approach the owner, it might help them rethink their response.

I had a neighbor in WA that had two Shepard mixes, and a poorly constructed fence. We lived on a busy street, and often the dogs would be out of her yard. Twice, I walked the dogs home when she was home, and a few other times when she was not. Each time, I made sure she was aware -- in a friendly way, that I'd had to return her dogs.

I don't know if she got tired of having me come to her door with the "good news", or if she just got enough money to fix the fence and had wanted to all the time. In the end, the fence was fixed and the problem was solved.

Maybe, if you take a softer, helpful approach, you will find the neighbor wants to keep better control of her animals, but doesn't know how.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:48 PM

These neighbors know better they just don't care to do better. I would never approach the dog because i don't want to be bitten. I was in the yard one day and a stray wondered in her yard. I wished you could have heard her fussing about the stray hanging around HER house. Now isn't that something?? She is bothered by the stray but we are just suppose to put up with her dogs. Some people..................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs