Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 05:37 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,190 times

Advertisements

I would want to be a rescued pit or pit mix (what I have) and be owned by a rescuer like myself. Pit and pit/mixes are hard to adopt out and have the lowest rate of finding a forever home!
I am a firm believer in a second chance, third and forth! Whatever it takes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 05:44 PM

795 posts, read 4,538,063 times
oh, i'll play, i'd be a shih tzu...and not just any shih tzu, but a male, older (maybe 9) and neutered, and i'd like to live in my own household so i could question my 12-year old shih tzu barnaby about how he currently feels!

and then later when interrogation time was over, i'd love to go for a ride in the car and to the park...b/c, my goodness, everybody loves to see a beautiful shih tzu come strolling through! and THEN i'd want to go to the beach b/c i've never met a dog who doesn't love the beach...and that experience alone would probably make the whole experiment worthwhile!

Old 06-29-2009, 06:02 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,029,371 times
:d ok!!!!!

Old 06-29-2009, 09:05 PM

1,629 posts, read 3,477,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Pam View Post
Ok, here we go! Fun stuff! I have an American Pit Bull Terrier and I would definitely want to be that breed. She is loving, affectionate, loyal, quiet, smart, protective and strong and a good friend. Don't get this from most people.

Oh............and I would most definitely be able to protect myself if I had to!
Ditto! Mine's an Amstaff with all those qualities.

Folks who know me would have me add a few more qualities we have in common:
- Goofy to the brink of insanity, but so funny it doesn't matterr
- Relishes modern comforts
- Stubborn as hell
- Doesn't start fights, but will sure as hell finish one.
- Often misunderstood

Old 06-30-2009, 01:53 AM

5,094 posts, read 12,587,684 times
Having owned my Silken Windhound, Dazzle for a few months now I think I would come back as a Silken Windhound. How rough can life be being a dog that grins 24/7. acts like a goof ball, can run like the wind yet be very elegant? Add in the fact you can eat a ton of food and still be skinny that is the life for me! Though I could also imagine being a border collie, an aussie or a cattle dogs and being so smart and having so much fun, heck I will admitt it too after seeing Dylans photos I would even be willing to be a golden for a day if I could be him so DandJ and I may both enjoy a day as that handsome boy!( Can I go swimming now?)

Old 06-30-2009, 02:16 AM

18,722 posts, read 33,385,615 times
I'd be a mutt. In my house.

Old 06-30-2009, 05:47 AM

1,808 posts, read 6,495,941 times
Too funny!

I don't think I'd like to be a beagle/coonhound mix like my Tonka for these reasons:

1. I think I'd get confused running around all the time with my nose to the ground. I'm a tall girl and I wouldn't like not being able to see what's on the counter tops in the kitchen.

2. I love Tonka but there are times when I question his intelligence. I mean, how many times can one dog run into the doorframe instead of making it through the door?!?

3. Tonka does not have a sophisticated palette. I'm no foodie, but I don't think I'd like eating the gross nasty stuff that he finds on the side of the road.

That said, here's what I'd love about being a beagle/coonhound mix:

1. I would have a melodious singing voice - something I definitely DO NOT have now.

2. I would finally be able to catch up on sleep!

3. I would instinctively know when someone is feeling sick or depressed and cuddle up with them to make them feel better, no intrusive questions asked.

4. Everyone would comment on my long silky ears - LOL!

Old 06-30-2009, 05:58 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,418,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
Having owned my Silken Windhound, Dazzle for a few months now I think I would come back as a Silken Windhound. How rough can life be being a dog that grins 24/7. acts like a goof ball, can run like the wind yet be very elegant? Add in the fact you can eat a ton of food and still be skinny that is the life for me! Though I could also imagine being a border collie, an aussie or a cattle dogs and being so smart and having so much fun, heck I will admitt it too after seeing Dylans photos I would even be willing to be a golden for a day if I could be him so DandJ and I may both enjoy a day as that handsome boy!( Can I go swimming now?)
LOL...Plenty of room to romp and play! We have an unlimited supply of tennis balls just waiting to be thrown into the water!

Old 06-30-2009, 06:35 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,029,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
heck I will admitt it too after seeing Dylans photos I would even be willing to be a golden for a day if I could be him so DandJ and I may both enjoy a day as that handsome boy!( Can I go swimming now?)
Deal! And here we thought the "J" part of my screen name was for my husband. Pshaw! Now it's for Dawn and JAN (not Jeremy) goin' swimmin' in Dylan's pool!

Old 06-30-2009, 06:50 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,418,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Deal! And here we thought the "J" part of my screen name was for my husband. Pshaw! Now it's for Dawn and JAN (not Jeremy) goin' swimmin' in Dylan's pool!

Along with tennis balls....and unlimited supply of Margaritas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs