Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 04:44 PM

364 posts, read 527,401 times

Advertisements

With all the negativity on this board I know this thread would put a smile on my face and hopefully others.

What is the cutest/funniest thing your beloved dog does?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2007, 05:04 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,490,386 times
Josh was pretty cute this AM--took him out to get socialized. Men were paving the street and I wanted him to not be afraid of the loud equipment noises and the men.

Took a while and I kept sprinkling treats all around the area but he was pretty cute. 10 wks. The people in the dog forum say that I must be sure he meets a lot of people and other dogs in this 'Critical Time'.

My social life is really not that great--I will do what I can for my dog. Won't take him near children on a playground, or into any store or coffee place around here--'WE' know better--the citizens of my community. Lots of laws and everyone is tired of those who break them--including me.
So Josh had a good experience with the workmen. Hope he will remember.

He ran into the backyard and chewed on a jonquil. Of course I never have a camera at such moments. He does not pose--walks toward the camera and I have fuzzy pictures of his head.
sls

Old 02-08-2007, 05:07 PM

29 posts, read 83,935 times
fun post!

i have 2 dogs. Winnie "the Pooch" is boxer husky. when she gets excited she does this big stretch with her butt up in the air and wiggles. she is 8.

barney my 16 year old golden retriever who is a rescue and suffers from seizures in just all around goofy. too many funny things to name.

barney has an insatiable appetite due to his meds and is always foraging. once he smelled BBQ sauce on a napkin in the small garbage can we have outside. by the time i got home the swinging lid was stuck on his head and in between his ears. that picture is attached, with a few more of what i am sure they do all day when i am not at home.
Attached Thumbnails
Cutest thing your dog does-pc070015.jpg   Cutest thing your dog does-pb270003.jpg   Cutest thing your dog does-20060213-124440_0024.jpg  

Last edited by Progradi; 02-08-2007 at 06:32 PM.. Reason: added a new picture

Old 02-08-2007, 05:43 PM

Progradi- You have two cuties!!! They just love a comfy couch don't they?

I have too many dogs and too many funny stories to post but one that I was just remembering with my father.

First off, Bullet a labrador retriever was handful from the day my family brought him home. We got two brothers from the same litter. Bullet was heartworm positive due to his parents and HEARTLESS BREEDERS (don't get me started on that!). He went threw 30 days of hell and they didn't think he would live. Well he did and 14 yrs later he is still here! Food was always his #1 importance. For most dogs pleasing there owners is important... nope.. not Bullet. We sent him away for 6 six to a formal trainor. 8 weeks of local training. Endless hours of at home training. Priceless! Well, actually not cheap but did not work. If he wanted our dinner, he got it.

Well one Thanksgiving that is exactly what he got. Our turkey. Somehow the turkey was sitting on the kitchen counter and my mother turned around for one second and this very, very strong dog got the turkey and ran into the living room with it. Bullet and my father played tug a war with the Thanksgiving turkey. My father was a fit, strong guy himself and was struggling to regain control of the damn turkey. Bullet finally bit down on this thumb fingernail... all the way through the nail! It was painful. My father ran back into the kitchen to put his bloody finger under water while three of my uncles played tug a war with the turkey. We finally got a slobbery, chewed up turkey back on the table.

Other similar instances included he ate a chicken kabob whole. The stick came back up straight thank god! He ate pork chops and chicken legs whole. You name it, he has stolen it from us.

As I said, he is still alive and healthy (aside from hip problems) and I love him more then words could say!!!!

Old 02-08-2007, 06:27 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,116,279 times
Not sure if this is 'cute" or just gross...

My Cattle Dog, Thyla

Likes to fart every time she sits down to scratch her ears. Ewwww. I know.

Old 02-08-2007, 06:35 PM

29 posts, read 83,935 times
thanks msjbrent your story is funny. and like you i love my dogs more than words can say - i would do anything for them.

plaidmom - that is hysertical, Thyla is a cutie, but she looks like my dogs do when i "adorn" them with something "hey, lady whatcha doin to me?"

Old 02-08-2007, 07:16 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,172,119 times
I have two Yorkies, Tinkerbell is 6 and a half months old, she likes to pray when you pick her up, and when you get your coat on to leave she stands on her hind legs and waves good bye to you.
Angel the mommy who is two years old, likes to come around the table when you are eating, then she sits pretty until she gets a little piece of what you are having. They both love to hog your pillow at night and wrap themselves around your head like a cat. We love them both, the little cuties!!!!!

Old 02-08-2007, 07:46 PM

I have a Shih Tzu that is turning 1 next week. I got her the day after she turned 6 weeks old. Breeders rushed her out of there place to the puppy store just for the $$. Makes me sick!! She was WAY too young and immature. She did not even have one tooth. She could not see very well. And she could not stand up without falling over. She weighed 1.14 lbs. I already had at home two labs, both over 100 lbs, one 30 lb cocker spaniel and a 50 lb chow mix. I was intending to get a rescue but happend to stop in the store and fell in love. She was the only girl in the liter. Her 4 brothers were cuddled together away from her. Broke my heart. Well I was nervous with my three large agressive dogs. Not sure how they would react. She lived in the bedroom for practically a month. She did not know how to drink water at all. The first week was very crucial with her. I got her a crib, yes a baby crib to sleep in. It kept her safe from the large dogs and provided a comfy bed as well as a pooping area. It fit a doggie bed and a puppy training pad (aka pee pad). It was a travel crib. I took her and the crib like that to work for the first month. It took three trips from my car to my office to "set her up" in the mornings. I got up an hour early. People would see it next to my desk and say "Oh, I don't want to wake the baby". It was funny. After that she spread her wings pretty quick, grew some teeth and some balls! She is now boss of the house and the large dogs. And LOVES life.

PS- I have the crib in the garage and hope to have another little puppy in it some day. I just loved waking up in the middle of the night and playing with her. She would run around the room like a rabbit then literally fall over and fall asleep. Most people think be awoken in the middle of the night sucks, but I loved it. Some might think I'm crazy, but I just love my dogs!!

Old 02-08-2007, 07:47 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,116,279 times
Post pictures y'all! Dog pictures make me smile.

Old 02-08-2007, 08:09 PM

291 posts, read 1,361,276 times
I have a four month old Shis Tzu...He usually throw his leash at me, hint hint! I am like, well ok you go on a walk with me! He also pushes his water bowl around when he is out of water. He acts like a cat really at times, and likes to sit on the top of the couch like one too! He is such a joy to have!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs