Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 04:45 PM

2,544 posts, read 4,283,841 times

Advertisements

Let me start by explaining that my dog (a large black lab, about 4 years old) has a fetish. Bread or similar stuff in the bags. Bagels, marshmallows, even rice or beans. I think he likes the feel of it in his mouth. He doesn't necessarily eat it, but he carries it around like it's a trophy, softly mouthing it. We have found them in some of the strangest places.

Well, the other day I came home to a trail. He had gotten into a cabinet and retrieved a bag of rice. He carried it around the house, mouthing it as he usually does, and looking for a place to hide it. The more he carried it around, the more it leaked.

He apparently went from the kitchen into the living room and thought about hiding it in the couch cushions. Not good enough, so off into the dining room to look for a place under the table there. Also not good enough.

From the dining room, he went into the hall, paused in front of the bathroom (little pile of rice in front of the door) and proceeded into my son's bedroom. He thought for a while about hiding it in my son's bed, under the covers, and then gave some thought to the open closet there. Again, not good enough.

Back into the hall and into our bedroom. He must have thought about hiding it in my spot on the bed for a long time, as there was a lot of rice there. Mysteriously, the trail ends there. I think the rice must have all run out of the bag.

We still have not found the bag itself. I hope he didn't eat it.

The funny part is his indecision regarding a hiding spot. The not-so-funny part is the cleanup we have in front of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 05:02 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,237,341 times
Default Good times

AWE sounds soo familiar, our Dobie Phoenix(who passed away last summer sadly)every time when she got a BRAND new toy/chewie would parade around the house, it always got *the TOUR lol, till she found the *perfect spot. Let it sit there a bit then bring it out so she could have some cheese put on it.
After she passed I found a couple unopened ones on top of the fridge,,,I hid them for her....shhhh I can't tell you or the Cat where...

Old 10-02-2009, 05:04 PM
B4U

3,612 posts, read 8,294,996 times
Such a good, funny story. Thanks! Sounds more maternal to me, carrying pups around like a mama does.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:05 PM

Funny how they parade certain things about. Sorry for your loss.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:15 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,237,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanman13 View Post
Funny how they parade certain things about. Sorry for your loss.
Thank you, you brought back a nice memory though.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:31 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
Too funny! Gotta love them

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:43 PM

795 posts, read 4,538,674 times
stan -- hey, thanks for the laugh! great story!

might be the funniest thing i've heard all day... nope, you know what, the funniest thing that's happened all day was when i fell off the couch and my shih tzu fell off on top of me... but this was a close darn second!

your lab sounds like a fantastic boy, full of personality!

Old 10-03-2009, 04:54 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,032,749 times
HAHAHAHAAAAAA

i can just see the whole scenario in my mind's eye.......

dave does the same thing with his bones....... moves them from hidey place to hidey place...... the family room sofa cushions are a favorite spot......

hoping like heck he doesn't discover the joys of plastic packaging though......

Old 10-03-2009, 04:12 PM

Several days later we're still finding rice to clean up. Who else has a story?

Old 10-03-2009, 04:30 PM

691 posts, read 2,329,236 times
Sam only liked the yellow ball, not the exact same ball from PetSmart in red. Why?
Sam would carry around his "Wiggly-Giggly" all around the house, he ate 3 completely, chewed em up to the point they did not work. The last one I gave him, I told him I was not going to buy him another one if he chewed this one up, he did not chew it up.
Pig ears are only delicious after they have been "softened" up in the garden for about a week, and are extra delcious if they have some grubs on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs