Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 10:00 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,032,749 times

Advertisements

this is one of those things that is not so funny for me now, but will be later on down the road.......dave likes to bury and rebury and rebury his bones..... in the sofas, in the yard, under comforters...... my front bedroom is not used at the moment and has a double bed in it and that's all..... one of his bury spots was between the bed and the wall..... he would have to really work to get it down deep enough to suit himself.....came home from work monday afternoon and noticed a small, square piece of foam on MY bedroom floor..... took me a minute, but when i checked the front bedroom, i discovered that he had stripped off the egg-crate mattress pad, the mattress cover and the comforter and pretty much destroyed the egg crate and the mattress cover.... couldn't really chastise him because he was not caught in the act........well, fast forward to friday..... i get home to discover that he has again removed the comforter and this time, has pulled the entire mattress off of the box springs...... and in the process, chewed a big chunk of the corner of the mattress....... as i am in there getting the mattress back in place.... on a knee that i dislocated 2 weeks ago.... he comes trotting in..... i turned into exorcist woman and said NO NO!!! BAD DOG!!!! ..... scared him enough that he retreated immediately...... waits a minute or 2 and tries to come in again.... repeat the exorcist process and this time he is frightened enough to retreat to my bedroom door and stay there.......i did what i do when i have to correct bailey..... totally ignored him for about 10-15 minutes...... he did try to get my attention, but did not seem quite as devastated as bailey gets when i have to do this with her......paws crossed the correction is successful.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 12:00 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,451,759 times
My dogs know their routine and they expect me to be trained well enough to follow it every day now. If I don't, they prompt me with any manner of shenanigans until I 'wake up and smell the dog bone'!!! LOL

Every morning, upon returning from doing their 'business', they must each get FOUR rawhide chew sticks. The ones that are thinner than a pencil. Not 3, not 2, not 1. FOUR if you don't mind! Sandy's (12 year old Corgi mix male) gets his in his mouth so he can trot off to the LR. Brownie (12 year old Corgi mix female sister), must have hers put on the top of her collar. She then lowers her head and shakes her body to get them off.

They have a particular schedule of their determining and when I don't 'hop to it', they come let me know. They do a variation of actions to get their point/s across. They jump all over each other, growling playfully, they whine or bark at me, or they come and lick me. This is to let me know, 'HEY! We want to go out'. It is never so much they HAVE to go out, it's oftentimes just a quick dash onto the deck and then back in the house where they look at me and you know what they're conveying to me with their very earnest expressions... 'HEY! Didn't you just see that? We went OUT! THAT means we get another cookie!!! GET BUSY MAMA!!!' HAHAHAHA I love it!!!!! It's SO funny!

They won't leave me alone til I get them their treat. They will do this 15 times in a day if I let them! They now do it to some of my friends who have known them a long time. LOL They've got US trained! But I really wouldn't have it any other way. They're hilarious.

Old 10-24-2009, 12:18 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
They have a particular schedule of their determining and when I don't 'hop to it', they come let me know. They do a variation of actions to get their point/s across. They jump all over each other, growling playfully, they whine or bark at me, or they come and lick me. This is to let me know, 'HEY! We want to go out'.
Isn't it funny how they have different ways of communicating?

My beagle basset will bark at the outside door. My labrador will come and stare at me. And I mean stare! He won't stop staring until I give in!

Old 10-24-2009, 12:25 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,451,759 times
Brownie, the female corgi has always done the weirdest thing with her food. They both eat dry food. She likes to push the food around and around in the bowl until she gets it to the edge and can push a lot of it out. She does this til she's somehow determined it's 'just right'. She will then one piece by one piece, eat her meal! I finally found a big aluminum restaurant sized baking pan (2' x 3') that I put under her dish to catch it and keep it from going all over the kitchen!

Old 10-24-2009, 01:21 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,541,207 times
I die laughing everytime Bella sits on Buster. And she doesn't just sit on a leg or his tail....she sits on his head!

She loves being close to her brother, but sometimes he wants nothing to do with her. He was an only child for a year and a half so sometimes I think he's still not use to it.

The first few days we had Bella, Buster was laying in his bed and she got in it and sat right on top of him cuz she wanted to cuddle. He quickly got up and ran away.

Old 10-24-2009, 01:52 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,074,604 times
Demanding attention! If she is upstairs she is psychic and rushes down if we are cuddling or hugging each other or our son.

She also gets up every morning with me and comes downstairs and yowls a bit and rubs against the blue sofa (she is mainly white so..!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs