Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 07:48 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,444,613 times

Advertisements

I've had Demo for about 2 weeks now and we just adore this guy. I had 34 applications in the first week we had him and I've narrowed that down to 5. He had his first home check last night and it went ok. They've got 2 smaller dogs. Demo is only about 11 months old and while he's really very gentle for such a giant, one of their dogs is blind and the other is very fearful, so I'm not sure it's the best place for him. Wonderful family though and I"d give them a great reference to adopt a dog not quite as big. Will see how the other 4 home visits go. In the meantime I've got hubby now begging to keep him. That man will be the death of me yet!

We took him with us to do a bunny transport on the east side of the state and then to the middle of the state for his visit, so he traveled from 7AM until we got home about 9PM last night. I couldn't have been more proud of him. Wonderful in the car, other than trying to climb in my 18 year old daughter's lap, LOL. We stopped for lunch and while she ran in to grab out food I took him for a walk. Walks with him don't last long; I jogged him back and forth a few times and he was done! I sat at a bench and he just kinda hung near me. I turned for a second to get something out of my bag and when I turned back around a girl about 6 years old was putting her hand in his mouth while mom laughs and says 'he doesn't bite does he'? Gah! If he did your daughter would be lunch by now you twit!! Why in the world would any mother allow a 35 pound kid to walk up to a 120 pound puppy and shove her hand in it's mouth without asking before approaching if the dog bites? OMG, can you imagine what could have happened if he wasn't so good?

Anyway, took lots of photos on the way because he was so darn cute! Thought I'd share!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 07:50 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,068,193 times
So freakin' cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I'm on your hubby's side -- Demo's a keeper.)

Old 01-25-2010, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
So freakin' cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I'm on your hubby's side -- Demo's a keeper.)

Yeh, I'm leaning that way too. My daughter (obviously) is totally in love with him. We stopped at Petco to get him a toy to play with since the mean 5 pound chihuahua at home stole his. I'd not even thought of it, but it was adoption day and they were packed full of dogs. He was so amazing with them all. He wanted to play so bad, but of course there weren't any dogs his size, so when he'd approach one it scared the beejesus outta them! He'd get so excited and try to run to one to play and I'd have to dig in and pull as hard as I could, with his feet going on like mad on those slick floors. He looked like a cartoon, running but going no where!! Several people stopped to pet him and he just loved it all up. And he's so good about sitting when I stop. I only had to correct him a couple times. He really is a good dog......

Old 01-25-2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
Yeh, I'm leaning that way too. My daughter (obviously) is totally in love with him. We stopped at Petco to get him a toy to play with since the mean 5 pound chihuahua at home stole his. I'd not even thought of it, but it was adoption day and they were packed full of dogs. He was so amazing with them all. He wanted to play so bad, but of course there weren't any dogs his size, so when he'd approach one it scared the beejesus outta them! He'd get so excited and try to run to one to play and I'd have to dig in and pull as hard as I could, with his feet going on like mad on those slick floors. He looked like a cartoon, running but going no where!! Several people stopped to pet him and he just loved it all up. And he's so good about sitting when I stop. I only had to correct him a couple times. He really is a good dog......
That's it.
You're done.
Cancel those other four home visits.
Demo has his home now.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:00 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,448,345 times
The bigger the better! What a huge lump of love! I'd keep him for sure!

Old 01-25-2010, 08:02 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,491,164 times
that is one cute dog.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:05 AM

D and Shelby - you're so not helping, LOL!!! You are a bad influence!!

I told hubby we're doing all the home visits. If the perfect home for him is in there he'll be adopted. I won't stand between him and something ideal for him. But if there isn't a perfect home, yeh, he'll stay.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
d and shelby - you're so not helping, lol!!! You are a bad influence!!

I told hubby we're doing all the home visits. If the perfect home for him is in there he'll be adopted. I won't stand between him and something ideal for him. But if there isn't a perfect home, yeh, he'll stay.
Deal.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:23 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,873,651 times
Such a cutie! But how much bigger is he going to get? Maybe he can play w/the torties? They'd be more equal in size, LOL.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:33 AM

He'll probably top out in the 150-160 range. He's only 11 months old, so he's got some filling out to do.

He's actually terrified of the torties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs