Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2008, 08:59 PM

2 posts, read 6,289 times

Advertisements

I have been reading about people (Duluth News Tribune) who are complaining about the amount of taxes that they have to pay on their homes. Presently I live in Andover, MN have a 4 bedroom, 2 bath home and I pay $1,900 - $2,000 a year for the taxes on my 1900 square foot house. Is this compairable to Duluth? Also, I bought the house for $232,000 2 years ago. As stated earlier it has 4 beds, 2 baths, with new roof and siding in 2006. What is the average price for the same size home in Duluth. We are located just off of a busy road and are in the largest school district #11, in the state. We are looking to relocate to Duluth so that I can work on my masters at UMD and we are looking to simplify our lives. I am a former student from UMD and graduated, left Duluth in 1985 and have regretted it ever since (the wilds of California called, that only lasted 6 months). Repeatedly my family and I return to Duluth, like a sea nymph beckonning us. Any information would be a great help!!! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2008, 10:41 PM

781 posts, read 2,633,693 times
Even though I have yet to own a home, I would say that you could probably get your 4 bedroom, 2 bath for about the same, if not a little less, especially in the current market. My family purchased their 2 bedroom, 2 bath (attached garage, 1 acre city lot, finished basement) in Duluth Heights for $130,000 a couple of years ago. As for the taxes, I'm not experienced enough to answer. Glad to hear you're headin' back though!

Old 03-19-2008, 08:34 PM

721 posts, read 2,615,412 times
Well, depending on what you mean about simplifying your life, a 4 bedroom 2 bath home in the Duluth Area can be anywhere from 189,000 to 325,000 or higher. Taxes would fluctuate based on where you are in town. My taxes make absolutley no sense and are higher than my neighbors who have recently added a three car garage. Our house is a 3 bedroom 1 1/2 bath craftsman style in an old neighborhood in Woodland area.

I guess if you want to be near UMD, you will still find homes in the price range I listed above near Hunters Park, Morley Heights, Lakeside, Woodland, and decreasing in value as you go closer to Chester Park and Endion.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:54 AM

3 posts, read 8,608 times
We Moved Jut North Of Duluth To Two Harbors We Now Have 10 Acers And A Small House And Hardly Any Taxes ( We Are Out In The Woods) You Would Have A 40 Min Drive One Way Homes Are A Little Cheaper Here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth