Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2007, 09:56 AM

474 posts, read 2,538,935 times

Advertisements

Dear Friends:

Since I am quite new to City-Data Forums, I don't know if this 'OP' can be pasted to other Forums. IF City-Data has a business Forum, then I would expect the experts to support that Forum. And they would already know the following information.
So my direction is to people - - in general - - who have an interest in the Chicago land areas. - - and may not be a business expert. I am NOT a business expert. However I am knowledgable in many subjects because I am an author. My pen name is "Carter Glass". I specialize in history.
Every quarter, I receive a free business newsletter from "Northern Trust". The "Northern Trust Perspective Newsletter" for August 2007, is quite interesting with its Headline, "Financial Conditions Begin Tightening". Are we starting to see the collapse of our economy? Read that newsletter to find out. It is on the Internet with the address of "www.northerntrust.com/perspective"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 10:23 AM

825 posts, read 2,819,925 times
You posted to the Business and Finance Forum, so you're in the right place.

I pasted the link into my browser. I couldn't find the article you refer to and no the economy is not collapsing.

Here are two articles from a different thread.

Thanks to NewtoCA for posting the links below.

Why stocks can shake off mortgage meltdown - Aug. 1, 2007

http://finance.yahoo.com/expert/article/yourlife/41148

Last edited by muffinman; 08-07-2007 at 11:45 AM..

Old 08-07-2007, 11:11 AM

474 posts, read 2,538,935 times
Default Hello Muffinman

Dear Friend:

After writing my 'op', I also checked the perspective for August. I also could not find it. Since it arrived in printed form in my snail mail, this morning, maybe it has not yet been posted on their Northern Trust Internet site. If you have an interest, contact Northern Trust and let them know you want to read it. They might even give you a free subscription for all of your efforts.
Incidentally, someone moved this original 'op' without telling me where it was sent. So like I have mentioned in the past, I don't understand how the Forum system functions.

Best Regards,

Carter Glass

Old 08-07-2007, 11:29 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,782,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinman View Post
You posted to the Business and Finance Forum, so you're in the right place.

I pasted the link into my browser. I couldn't find the article you refer to and no the economy is not collapsing.

Here are two articles from a different thread.

Thanks to davidt1 for posting this link

Why stocks can shake off mortgage meltdown - Aug. 1, 2007

Thanks to NewtoCA for posting this link

http://finance.yahoo.com/expert/article/yourlife/41148
NewtoCA posted both links. I didn't have anything to do with that.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:45 AM

825 posts, read 2,819,925 times
Thanks, correction made.

Old 08-07-2007, 04:13 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,216,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOWELL_STREET View Post
Dear Friends:

Since I am quite new to City-Data Forums, I don't know if this 'OP' can be pasted to other Forums. IF City-Data has a business Forum, then I would expect the experts to support that Forum. And they would already know the following information.
So my direction is to people - - in general - - who have an interest in the Chicago land areas. - - and may not be a business expert. I am NOT a business expert. However I am knowledgable in many subjects because I am an author. My pen name is "Carter Glass". I specialize in history.
Every quarter, I receive a free business newsletter from "Northern Trust". The "Northern Trust Perspective Newsletter" for August 2007, is quite interesting with its Headline, "Financial Conditions Begin Tightening". Are we starting to see the collapse of our economy? Read that newsletter to find out.It is on the Internet with the address of "www.northerntrust.com/perspective"
I've read it, their conclusion is:

"We continue to recommend that portfolios overweight large-cap U.S. stocks and international developed markets. Bonds should be underweighted."

In other words, they support ownership of large stocks over small companies, and owning stocks in mature international markets vs developing international markets. They favor this over ownership of bonds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics