Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 06:22 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
I think the reason many conservatives support NASA is that they have a vague understanding of the importance access to space will be in the future
so we can take it up in the future when it may actually pay off, or add a space weapons program to the military. not keep nasa around and fund it annually because we hope it will pay off in the future.

and i dont think that its a good thing that america basically pays for everyone's military and safety. if we want to continue doing that, we should at least send the euroweenies the bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 01:06 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,547,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
in addition to supporting a bloated military and unnecessary wars, i want to point out something else i notice the conservative talking heads supporting on the radio. NASA. they seem all upset about cutting the NASA budget, ending the space shuttle and all the jobs that will be lost as a result. are they kidding me? thats government waste and those are government jobs. im quite happy to see NASA cut as well as probably half the size of our military.
Actually Nasa has been more beneficial to Americans and the world. The tech gained, has been incorporated into products that we use. This is one area, I would never cut. The knowledge we acquire thru it, puts us ahead. Thier budget is less than 850 billion over the course of 50 yrs. Bill Maher did a hsow with Neil Degrasse Tyson, you should google it and see the points he make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics