Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 12:56 AM

28 posts, read 142,909 times

Advertisements

Is it true you can get paid to blog? If so how dose that work? Please help:-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 01:29 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,186,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky111390 View Post
Is it true you can get paid to blog? If so how dose that work? Please help:-)
Sort of..................you can create a blog that earns income for you.

The income can come from lead generation, Advertising, affiliate marketing or you own products.

David Walker's Blogging Boss is a good CHEAP program that walks you through the process.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:15 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,200,443 times
Yes you can!

What you need to do is prey on the segment of the population that only feel alive if they are consuming fear. Those poor cats can't get enough of it and are fairly active on the web, plus creating content is easy since they don't mind showers of information with little contextual cohesiveness cobbled together. Just spend a half hour a day with google and you should be able to keep the feed tube of fear flowing.

So start a blog about the coming catastrophe, it doesn't matter which one heck it is okay to even switch the catastrophe around as you see fit to keep the dullards interested. Go from coming food shortages to coming depression to housing market, maybe sprinkle in some government conspiracy stuff. Bonus = the dolts enjoy being assured that everything sucks right now too, so when you are short on good content just throw a list up of reasons life is terrible for everyone. Yeah we know most people should be able to judge how their life is for themselves, but remember you've got the fear segment as your audience so they prefer being told that it sucks.

Then sell your ad space to other people who have also figured out how to prey on your audience so you get ads for clicks for gold, gas masks, survival books, etc.

Good luck!

Old 01-16-2012, 02:39 AM

3,786 posts, read 5,331,294 times
You sure can blog for money. Why not take a look at my experience, for example.

I started a blog three years, mostly to present information to friends and family about where I live. I decided to get into the money-spinning realm since it only involved letting them put some adverts on my pages.

With over 31,000 hits on my website to date, I have earned a grand total of $4.13.

Hahahahaha.....

You couldn't make this up....

Old 01-16-2012, 04:46 AM

28 posts, read 33,641 times
Absolutely. If you have your own blog, you must get many readers... Competition is hard though.

In Sweden "fashion-blogger" almost has become a profession like any other. Girls blogging about "clothes of the day".. Its huge and some young girls make big bucks on this. Of course you have fashion-bloggers, but not like here. Its probably growing fast in the US. N i know several swedish companies see a huge potential in the US on this area.

You can also blog/write for others Blog jobs | Freelance Online Blog jobs | Freelancer.com but i dont think it pays very good.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silfwer View Post
Absolutely. If you have your own blog, you must get many readers... Competition is hard though.

In Sweden "fashion-blogger" almost has become a profession like any other. Girls blogging about "clothes of the day".. Its huge and some young girls make big bucks on this. Of course you have fashion-bloggers, but not like here. Its probably growing fast in the US. N i know several swedish companies see a huge potential in the US on this area.

You can also blog/write for others Blog jobs | Freelance Online Blog jobs | Freelancer.com but i dont think it pays very good.
Oh yeah, I am aware of the "fashion bloggers", but it helps them that they are 20, slender, sexy, hot, female, and I am NOT.

Now, if anyone is interested in what 50-year-old men wear to work....

Old 01-26-2012, 06:12 PM

147 posts, read 314,512 times
To make money purely by blogging you'd have to put up some REALLY great content and attract A LOT of people. There are books out there on how to make money using social media. The one I've just read is Crush It by Gary Vay - ner - chuk (his pronunciation). Here's a summary of the important social media tools he promotes:

Perhaps it is because I've been hearing the same message in many different directions from many different people for the past few months, but I felt like the first 5 chapters are nothing more than a pep talk to pump the readers up to a you-can-do-it-too kind of attitude. Chapter 6 is where the bread and butter of the book lies. Gary lists all useful tools that he himself used to get to where he is. He names Wordpress and Tumblr (Blogger and Six Apart gets mentions) for blogging, Facebook for its fanpages and groups, Twitter (and Search.Twitter.com) for numerous purposes, Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/ - broken link) for photo sharing (Moo.com business cards/products), Youtube and/or viddler for large video base, Ustream.tv for smaller video base, and a few other useful tools (Ping.fm, TubeMogul, Facebook Connect). The next few chapters tells you exactly what you need to do, which essentially boils down to create good content using all the tools just mentioned. He even has a chapter on monetizing on all this, which boils down to ads (Google AdSense), affiliate programs, giving speeches/talks, and selling your own merchandise.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:04 PM

How you make money blogging is to write a book about how to make money blogging.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:04 PM

3 posts, read 4,281 times
I read that MightyTravels pays travel enthusiasts for posting in the forum and/or blog.

Check it out here:

Get paid to blog and post with Mighty Travels - Mighty Travels

I guess I'm too new to post links, so just copy the http and paste into Google!

Old 07-16-2014, 10:24 PM

297 posts, read 766,940 times
Default blogging

I work for a blogging network for women. We have bloggers who make a few bucks each month to a handful who make five figures a month. Most of the revenue is generated by regular ads, but the advertising in the form of personal product reviews/recommendations is growing fast. Our network has 2000+ bloggers and generates something around 60 million page views a month (more then the ny times). Our top categories for blogs are parenting, food, lifestyle and diy. One of our bloggers has a show on the food network and a number of bloggers have published books. At this point if you want to get a new blog sufficient traffic to generate real revenue, you have to really work hard and offer something that's not already out there, which is pretty hard to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics