Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 10:06 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times

Advertisements

Mircea,

I admire your ability of denial -- the ability to deny that income inequality exists in the face of a mountain of scholarly evidence that it does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You can't print money and not expect it to lose its value do you ?
You can theorize all you want but reality is the final judge. We have simply not experienced what your theory suggests. You then have to choices, change your model or believe something is happening when it isn't.

Old 09-21-2013, 10:44 AM

762 posts, read 1,099,255 times
Minus the semantics, I'd say income inequality exists. However, working/middle class homeowners' gave back their trickled down wealth by spending their equity & squandering their standardized TAX CUTS via frivolous spending.

Old 09-21-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSOs View Post
Minus the semantics, I'd say income inequality exists. However, working/middle class homeowners' gave back their trickled down wealth by spending their equity & squandering their standardized TAX CUTS via frivolous spending.
Income inequality over the last 30 years is responsible for why the middle class needed to borrow on their home's equity in the first place.

Old 09-21-2013, 03:18 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,739,729 times
Open your eyes. Central bank money printing is the cause, ending the Fed would be the first step in stopping this income inequality.

Old 09-21-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Open your eyes. Central bank money printing is the cause, ending the Fed would be the first step in stopping this income inequality.
Sorry, that's just ridiculous. To prove it's ridiculous, please note the Fred tripled the money supply at the start of the Great Recession but income inequality has been growing since the 1970s. Moreover, income inequality hasn't tripled in 5 years.

What drives inequality is low rates on capital gains and dividends, the income that the very wealthy derive most of their income.

Last edited by MTAtech; 09-21-2013 at 05:35 PM..

Old 09-21-2013, 06:16 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,370,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
What drives inequality is low rates on capital gains and dividends, the income that the very wealthy derive most of their income.
Is that all? Tens of millions of unskilled and low skilled workers brought into the country since the 70s, both legally and illegally has nothing to do with driving down the wages and income of the poor and working class and putting more of the wealth in the hands of a few?

Old 09-21-2013, 07:40 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,739,729 times
Quote:
Sorry, that's just ridiculous. To prove it's ridiculous, please note the Fred tripled the money supply at the start of the Great Recession but income inequality has been growing since the 1970s. Moreover, income inequality hasn't tripled in 5 years.

The wealthy deserve more of their income just like we do. The only people I am against are the nonproductive parasites, both welfare queens and the billionaires. Anyone who invests money in technology or production deserves a return, in my opinion tax free. Oh and if I had my way there would be no income tax on labor either. I would support a 50% or higher tax on speculative investments and high trade tariffs but I believe that anyone who invests in capital to build a business deserves tax free income. The Fed has been around since 1914, BTW

Old 09-21-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Is that all? Tens of millions of unskilled and low skilled workers brought into the country since the 70s, both legally and illegally has nothing to do with driving down the wages and income of the poor and working class and putting more of the wealth in the hands of a few?
No, that's not all. Anti-unionism and reduction in education also adds contribute.

Old 09-21-2013, 10:16 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Mircea,

I admire your ability of denial -- the ability to deny that income inequality exists in the face of a mountain of scholarly evidence that it does.
There is no "scholarly evidence."

"Income Inequality" is Orwellian and as absurd as "Income Equality."

The Laws of Economics are what they are, like or not, and if you don't like it, then try to seek out a universe where the Laws of Economics do not apply.

Aside from that, I'm amused at your inability to mount any factual refutation.

Ably...

Mircea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics