Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 05:15 PM

460 posts, read 982,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The b8nk View Post
I know I am. I have some cash and want to make some moves but am thinking of waiting for those rates to rise. I made some money buying low last recession and cant wait to do it again.
Yes, I made a lot off real estate by buying in 2009. Now waiting for the stock market to correct and then buy in.

In recessions, winners win large and losers lose large.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 07:23 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,289,826 times
Quote:
I know I am. I have some cash and want to make some moves but am thinking of waiting for those rates to rise. I made some money buying low last recession and cant wait to do it again.
I do not hope for recessions, but I have witnessed enough time go by to realize they are part of an economic cycle and serve a purpose to regulate debt and unreasonable asset appreciation.

Those who can recognize the stages in an economic cycle can if they have the courage to act on their observations, profit from their insight. But it is not easy to go against the tide of popular opinion. Everyone and their brother will tell you are wrong and a fool and that no one can time market cycles. What you have to understand is it is the very fact that you are out of step with the popular viewpoint that allows you to profit, so do not expect to be both popular and rich.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:36 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,290,190 times
Overpriced homes benefited no one except the 1% who had the cash to flip homes like pancakes.

Low interest rates benefit people who just can't say to no to debt.

How is this supposed to be a winning combination??

If the average price of a house fell to $50,000....sure some people would get screwed on so-called home value (even though real estate was never designed to be an investment, but that's another topic), however a lot more people would be able to afford a home and even save up the cash to do so (especially if interest rates are high).

Old 07-21-2014, 12:24 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,965,098 times
Quote:
H*ll no!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics