Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 10:11 PM

29,825 posts, read 24,908,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briolat21 View Post
That survey's a year old. Which doesn't mean that GM shouldn't work to improve its relationship with suppliers, but does mean the data isn't necessarily current.

Also - you seem to have a personal issue with GM?

Which is cool, you're entitled to like/dislike whatever you want. But most of the people on the economic forum seem to be more interested in facts than peoples personal preferences.

Walmart has had a pretty rough relationship with suppliers for years, because they are extremely cost conscious (their target demographic demands it) and while their suppliers wouldn't necessarily give them warm fuzzys, supply chain professionals are often pretty darn impressed with their efficiency.

Which isn't to say I'd like GM to be acting like WalMart, just that suppliers opinions are one side of the coin.
This is 2015. You'll have to wait till later in the year for suppliers to give their feedback. Sorry that I cannot speed up time for you...

Cheap is fine when is comes to holiday trinkets. Not so much with automobiles, or high speed projectiles on wheels. I dislike any corporation that puts the health of their bottom line ahead of the health and safety of it's customers. By sticking it to their suppliers, they are setting themselves up for big problems down the pike. Some have already hit. They are really asking for it this time...

Awesome how they've cheapened the fuel line system years back by switching to the "best value supplier" of things like vacuum seals. Ya, cheap is always better, even when the customer is forced to breath in benzene laden fumes. Hurray, GM managed to save a few pennies, capitalism works!!! Many of these problems take 4 or 5 years to become apparent.

GM is rotten to the core because you cannot polish a turd and make a diamond. Changing CEOs does nothing. The company's very culture is the problem. Erase and start over.

I take issue with some of the practices of other auto makers but GM is the worst. And my family was always a GM family. Many of my relatives worked there in fact, but they never spoke any criticism. There are a few pensions being collected from GM in my family, so it's hard to watch GM continue down it's proven failed path.

I am by no means a car enthusiast either. To me, a car get's you from point A to point B, and that's where the relationship ends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics