Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 07:38 PM

6,589 posts, read 4,977,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Absolutely no need to ask about the details of my medical plan. I know what they are and there is ZERO dental coverage in it. ALL dental insurance is offered through a variety of DENTAL insurance policies not MEDICAL.
And there you are wrong. My MEDICAL insurance policy also has pediatric DENTAL coverage. Whether I need or want it.

Here's an article. You must live in a better state than some of us. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/oba...nce-2014-09-30

This is a PDF from Anthem. I've been told by multiple agents from different companies that this is built in and nothing can be done about it. https://www.anthem.com/mydentalinfo/...SID_102013.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 05:07 AM

2,008 posts, read 1,248,474 times
... but at least now you can say you have all that insurance, right? RIGHT?!?!?

Old 09-09-2015, 10:47 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,911,025 times
As a small business owner with numerous personal and business responsibilities as well as a full and active life. . . . . . .

I find myself increasingly more amused and at the same time annoyed when employees that work for businesses continually try to 'figure out' where the money that the business is making goes and how much money an employer is either 'making off' them, taking from them, not giving them and/or in using some kind of warped and twisted logic, even stealing from the employee.

It is absolutely unbelievable at times.

Old 09-15-2015, 08:23 PM

7,891 posts, read 11,413,575 times
I work for a SBO. We have less than 20 employees. Before a we offered a policy we paid S250 per month toward or contributed that amount to employees to get their own policy. New employees were in a trial period for three months before being offered benefits including the healthcare policy. Post Obama care the policies are a little higher but the rules we had in place for three month trial period are now dictated as two months and we can no longer pay money for an employee to get or keep their own policy both cited as due to the new law. We terminated an employee due to slow demand early this summer. After a month and a half some quit and we brought the terminated employee back. We had to pay her policy for the time she was gone due to the new law rules. We can't deduct a premium for time she didn't work because she had no paycheck. So we are stuck with the months premium due to the law.

Two young married families had policies before and paid on their own. Premiums on the new policies were up over 25 percent in one year. My other brothers two kids who are under employed by choice get coverage with a subsidy that makes it affordable. The first brothers two kids can barely afford theirs now. Fair? Who decided?

Since we want to provide health insurance we are subject to gov mandated work rules as mentioned. Can't wait to find more hidden costs in obamacare.

I don't profess to be an expert nor do I want to be. But already have spent more time on this than before the new law. It's more costly and time consuming for us in these subtle ways. The higher cost the brothers kids families see must be paying for the subsidy the other brothers kids get. They aren't too happy about it either but everything is wonderful in obamaland, where up is down and down is up.

Last edited by Johnhw2; 09-15-2015 at 09:08 PM..

Old 09-16-2015, 02:02 AM

6,706 posts, read 5,937,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
I work for a SBO. We have less than 20 employees. Before a we offered a policy we paid S250 per month toward or contributed that amount to employees to get their own policy. New employees were in a trial period for three months before being offered benefits including the healthcare policy. Post Obama care the policies are a little higher but the rules we had in place for three month trial period are now dictated as two months and we can no longer pay money for an employee to get or keep their own policy both cited as due to the new law. We terminated an employee due to slow demand early this summer. After a month and a half some quit and we brought the terminated employee back. We had to pay her policy for the time she was gone due to the new law rules. We can't deduct a premium for time she didn't work because she had no paycheck. So we are stuck with the months premium due to the law.

Two young married families had policies before and paid on their own. Premiums on the new policies were up over 25 percent in one year. My other brothers two kids who are under employed by choice get coverage with a subsidy that makes it affordable. The first brothers two kids can barely afford theirs now. Fair? Who decided?

Since we want to provide health insurance we are subject to gov mandated work rules as mentioned. Can't wait to find more hidden costs in obamacare.

I don't profess to be an expert nor do I want to be. But already have spent more time on this than before the new law. It's more costly and time consuming for us in these subtle ways. The higher cost the brothers kids families see must be paying for the subsidy the other brothers kids get. They aren't too happy about it either but everything is wonderful in obamaland, where up is down and down is up.
Bottom line, your previous generosity is being punished by the new law. Best cancel all health related benefits and let your employees fend for themselves.

Multiply this by one million and we see the destruction that this law has caused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics