Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 11:07 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,591,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
It's all the same though the government propagandists try to convince the gullible that it is different. It's absolutely preposterous to try to separate the two, as if something called government is a living, breathing life form.

What we have here is a catastrophe of epic proportions in the making.

So you have no clue what you are talking about? Gotcha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2015, 12:16 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,630,095 times
Accounting entities?? What are you talking about???

It's always people. Get it?

More debt = more misery.

More savings = economic prosperity and independence.

We are slaves to those who own the debt. Simp!e.

Old 11-23-2015, 12:58 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times
Quote:
Accounting entities?? What are you talking about???

It's always people. Get it?

More debt = more misery.

More savings = economic prosperity and independence.

We are slaves to those who own the debt. Simp!e.
You have to be able to separate Federal from personal debt. Two different ballgames.

If I borrow too much on a personal or business level, I can really screw myself up and become miserable. Or I default and make my lender miserable.

On a Federal level it is all different. The accounting chart means that Federal debt is the private sector's gain. So with Federal debt my elderly patients can get the care they need, and I and my hospital get paid. These are gains, you see?

If the general public decides to all save more, then consumer spending drops and engages the paradox of thrift.

On a Federal level if the Gov't does not create enough or more money i.e. 'saves', then we lose patients and we lose wars. These are losses, you see?

More Federal debt can mean less personal misery.

Less Federal savings can mean more economic prosperity.

http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-.../dp/1845429419

Old 11-23-2015, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
You have to be able to separate Federal from personal debt. Two different ballgames.

If I borrow too much on a personal or business level, I can really screw myself up and become miserable. Or I default and make my lender miserable.

On a Federal level it is all different. The accounting chart means that Federal debt is the private sector's gain. So with Federal debt my elderly patients can get the care they need, and I and my hospital get paid. These are gains, you see?

If the general public decides to all save more, then consumer spending drops and engages the paradox of thrift.

On a Federal level if the Gov't does not create enough or more money i.e. 'saves', then we lose patients and we lose wars. These are losses, you see?

More Federal debt can mean less personal misery.

Less Federal savings can mean more economic prosperity.

http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-.../dp/1845429419
Very strange.

Well that is why it is called government propaganda. It works.

Old 11-23-2015, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Very strange.

Well that is why it is called government propaganda. It works.
The very large bulk of our people and elected officials are nearly clueless as to the true nature of our modern fiat and related debt. So your idea of 'propaganda' has not been very effective at all. It would be absolutely ludicrous to consider Randall Wray as a Gov't stooge!

I was stupid to such things myself until about 10 years ago, and Gov't had no part in my continued education. It took me much effort and time with reading and research to scratch the true surface of modern money. I would never allow myself to stay stupid.

Best of luck to you, and would heartily suggest that you keep an open mind and do all the reading you can on modern money and debt.

Old 11-23-2015, 01:54 PM

Modern debt theory! ROFL.

Modern government propaganda is more like it. They are living high and mighty in D.C. Visit the Oligarchs some time and observe where the "government debt" is going.

The farmers harvest the food and friends over the sweat of their labor to the bureaucrats as the government harvests the money. They in turn divide it up among themselves and the Uber-rich who for all intent and purposes now control all of government. Not a bad way to live.

Workers of all stripes are really sick and tired of the robbery and it will end in a bad way. We are only seeing the first wave of anger as it continues to build everywhere in the world

Old 11-23-2015, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Modern debt theory! ROFL.

Modern government propaganda is more like it. They are living high and mighty in D.C. Visit the Oligarchs some time and observe where the "government debt" is going.

The farmers harvest the food and the government harvests the money. Not a bad way to live.
One reason the rich benefit is that they are better informed.

But all of my many thousands of Medicare patients over the past 40 years have materially benefited from Federal debt. Mostly blue collar retiree winter snow birds from the upper reaches of our country.

Old 11-23-2015, 02:11 PM

Quote:
One reason the rich benefit is that they are better informed.

But all of my many thousands of Medicare patients over the past 40 years have materially benefited from Federal debt. Mostly blue collar retiree winter snow birds from the upper reaches of our country.
Sure they are better informed.

They control the Fed, the Government, and all information flow. They know everything before it happens because they give the orders.

Welcome to the new Royal Families. Always wondered what it felt like living in the Middle Ages? Well you got it.

The Serfs get the debt (yeah I know we should be grateful) and the Royalty gets the loot to buy up everything of consequence. Nothing like being Serfs with all of that lovely debt to pay off. We should re-write the textbooks and describe the wonderful life of being Serfs.

Happy days are here again!

Old 11-23-2015, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Sure they are better informed.

They control the Fed, the Government, and all information flow. They know everything before it happens because they give the orders.

Welcome to the new Royal Families. Always wondered what it felt like living in the Middle Ages? Well you got it.

The Serfs get the debt (yeah I know we should be grateful) and the Royalty gets the loot to buy up everything of consequence. Nothing like being Serfs with all of that lovely debt to pay off. We should re-write the textbooks and describe the wonderful life of being Serfs.

Happy days are here again!
Am I a serf or royalty? I think you already know your label.

Old 11-23-2015, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Am I a serf or royalty? I think you already know your label.
Heck, the Royal Court of old was filled with all types. Royalty always found it easy to buy off people. The Tudor Court is fantastic history. I loved the Lords who were paid to convince the Serfs that they should be grateful for their debt to their Masters and of course there were the Jesters to bring the necessary levity to the Court.

But to keep the wealth the Royalty needed an army. Actually easily raised when you have starving subjects who desperately needed money to pay off their debts.

Yes, debt is a beautiful thing for those who are on the collection side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics