Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 10:03 PM

164 posts, read 119,591 times

Advertisements

Bush 41 recognized it for what it is, voodoo economics. It's unfortunate his sons, and most of the republicans, have fallen for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2018, 12:14 AM

3,700 posts, read 2,421,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/sen-r...?.tsrc=fauxdal

""There is still a lot of thinking on the right that if big corporations are happy, they're going to take the money they're saving and reinvest it in American workers," Rubio, R-Fla., told The Economist in a story release Monday. "In fact they bought back shares, a few gave out bonuses; there's no evidence whatsoever that the money's been massively poured back into the American worker."

Have to agree with that statement.
I agree as well.

Old 05-01-2018, 03:05 AM

836 posts, read 1,779,625 times
Quote:
""There is still a lot of thinking on the right that if big corporations are happy, they're going to take the money they're saving and reinvest it in American workers," Rubio, R-Fla., told The Economist in a story release Monday. "In fact they bought back shares, a few gave out bonuses; there's no evidence whatsoever that the money's been massively poured back into the American worker."
I always thought it was naive to believe they would "pass on the savings" to anyone other than their owners! Never - unless forced to.

Our president is not about "the little guy" and is only interested in benefiting (and promoting)) those like himself

Old 05-01-2018, 03:17 AM

836 posts, read 1,779,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
The tax plan was little more than a giant corporate handout at a time when corporations needed no help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
We all know that the middle class is the engine of our economy. When the middle class (and working class) has more expendable income, they SPEND it. New appliances, new car, new home projects. It spurs the economy. More spending = growing business for local businesses, which in turn generates new jobs and generates more profit for the businesses. Businesses grow by getting more business.
Yep.
The income gap keeps widening... it's definitely not the top 1% who needs help and will, in turn, help the economy... The bottom rungs have less and less disposable income, wonder when that is going to backfire?

Old 05-01-2018, 06:28 AM

9,376 posts, read 6,991,616 times
It’s a trickle down economy y’all and by trickle down I mean the trump variety.

Old 05-01-2018, 06:58 AM

5,907 posts, read 4,440,392 times
Quote:
No im not, i am being cautious with my money. Am i getting a better deal vs other products of the same?
And they’re being cautious with their money....and the money of others that they’re charged with safeguarding.

Have you ever had the responsibility and pressure of using other people’s money? That could be their kids college fund...or their dream of home ownership. It’s not a responsibility to take lightly. Or maybe they want a pool. Or to leave it to their grandkids. Or burn it. Their intended use for the money isn’t even that relevant. It’s the point that it is someone’s else’s.

They are trying to get a better deal on the services (employees) and products they buy.....

You have no more right to tell them (the corporation) how to spend that money than someone has to preach to you how to spend yours.

I’d also really like to hear your answer to my scenario in one of my previous posts of you investing 100k into a partnership and the management deciding to spread it to the employees.

Last edited by Thatsright19; 05-01-2018 at 07:20 AM..

Old 05-01-2018, 10:23 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,869,504 times
Rubio was just grandstanding. The corporate tax cut was not to coerce corporations into hiring or giving raises. It was to keep businesses from moving administrative and executive functions overseas, and encourage foreign firms to invest here. Its a long term thing.

Old 05-01-2018, 10:38 AM

2,360 posts, read 1,918,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post

I’d also really like to hear your answer to my scenario in one of my previous posts of you investing 100k into a partnership and the management deciding to spread it to the employees.

Didnt see it, but then i would say good. Means they will get better talent and better environment. Happy people that get paid well, produce better work and quality work. Now if company cant profit on its own without investors, then that is a finance booking issue. Dont write checks you cant cash.

Old 05-01-2018, 10:39 AM

13,080 posts, read 7,541,093 times
Agree it's a long-term but the short-term isn't as pretty as a painted Trump.

Old 05-01-2018, 10:46 AM

2,360 posts, read 1,918,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Rubio was just grandstanding. The corporate tax cut was not to coerce corporations into hiring or giving raises. It was to keep businesses from moving administrative and executive functions overseas, and encourage foreign firms to invest here. Its a long term thing.
and you really think that will happen?

Be cold day in Mexico before that will ever happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics