Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 04:45 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,434,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Because the so called capitalism is being re-formatted? Because crypto currency was another pump to suck money out of people? Don't you know that demonetization of population been implemented for last several years?
Of course, this is absolutely true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2018, 04:50 PM

2,535 posts, read 3,101,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatopescado View Post
Why is Bitcoin crashing?

Because its some made-up hokie bunk? That would be my guess.
Precisely! It's a frat-boy scheme to get ahead. The idea deserves to die (as do frat boys.)

Old 12-14-2018, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
No, but your statement you support a country with no currency is very off. I don’t like bit coin, never invested in them, so why are they falling. Who knows? Tulip mania ones to mind.
That’s long term, the gift economy was the basis of human interaction.

Capitalism inflated prices to the point goods are collected for investment rather than functions. Bitcoin is the holy grail of that idea, which is why without state control it will fail.

Old 12-14-2018, 05:15 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
That’s long term, the gift economy was the basis of human interaction.

Capitalism inflated prices to the point goods are collected for investment rather than functions. Bitcoin is the holy grail of that idea, which is why without state control it will fail.
More crazy talk here. Capitalism doesn’t equate to bitcoin. In fact most capitalists warn about bitcoin, where have you been. Jump to conclusion aren’t we. How old are you?

Old 12-14-2018, 05:16 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,686,915 times
"I doubt he or she has spent any time in a room with people who understand economics. "

You rang? In 1918 you could buy a cow with a $20 gold piece. Today you can buy a cow with that same $20 gold piece. A $20 bill will get you about 4 pounds of good hamburg; so what has changed? The real values of the gold piece and cow have not changed. The Federal Reserve is two lies in one term. It is not federal and there is no reserve.

Many books have been written about where we have been since the big meeting on Jekyll Island over a century ago. The best and most thorough is "The Forgotten Man" by Amity Schlaes. I spent three months in that book one summer. It is thumb-worn and has numerous post-its as bookmarks. Amity is a respected economist and is invited to guest on financial shows from time to time.

Amazon has the book.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:10 PM

Quote:
More crazy talk here. Capitalism doesn’t equate to bitcoin. In fact most capitalists warn about bitcoin, where have you been. Jump to conclusion aren’t we. How old are you?
State intervention is not capitalism.

Furthermore centralized currency meant to concentrate wealth into the hands of a few.

Both are bad but bitcoin shows the impossiblity of a free market system.

Old 12-14-2018, 07:52 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
State intervention is not capitalism.

Furthermore centralized currency meant to concentrate wealth into the hands of a few.

Both are bad but bitcoin shows the impossiblity of a free market system.
What does that mean really? Translate to me. Then why are you saying capitalism doesn’t work because we don’t really have one according to you. But sorry I’m done playing with kids from high school. Stay in school, stay out of drugs and bitcoin is my advice.

Old 12-14-2018, 08:13 PM

19,799 posts, read 18,093,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
"I doubt he or she has spent any time in a room with people who understand economics. "

You rang? In 1918 you could buy a cow with a $20 gold piece. Today you can buy a cow with that same $20 gold piece. A $20 bill will get you about 4 pounds of good hamburg; so what has changed? The real values of the gold piece and cow have not changed. The Federal Reserve is two lies in one term. It is not federal and there is no reserve.

Many books have been written about where we have been since the big meeting on Jekyll Island over a century ago. The best and most thorough is "The Forgotten Man" by Amity Schlaes. I spent three months in that book one summer. It is thumb-worn and has numerous post-its as bookmarks. Amity is a respected economist and is invited to guest on financial shows from time to time.

Amazon has the book.
I like some of her thinking and she is an excellent writer but Shlaes isn't an economist. She has an English degree from Yale.

Old 12-14-2018, 09:22 PM

Quote:
What does that mean really? Translate to me. Then why are you saying capitalism doesn’t work because we don’t really have one according to you. But sorry I’m done playing with kids from high school. Stay in school, stay out of drugs and bitcoin is my advice.
What's your problem?

You know nothing about me. I'm simple stating how applying free market principles to currency has failed and shows why the state monopoly model is required to maintain the presence of capitalism in a society.

The failure of bitcoin is a testimony to the failures of capitalism.

Get a grip and grow up.

Old 12-14-2018, 09:50 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,953,588 times
What killed crypto is the exchanges that were constantly getting hacked into and losing millions of dollars worth of customers funds as a result. Many other exchanges were simply ripping people off outright. That is probably what killed bitcoin more than anything. Most were shady and could not be trusted.

The relentless, non-stop media attacks on bitcoin didn't help either.
When 99% of mainstream reporting on bitcoin was negative, naturally
people will be scared to put money into it (I certainly was).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics