Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2019, 11:12 AM

1,067 posts, read 624,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post

Land is something you live on, and hold your possessions in. You can own two cars if you maintain them, but you can't live in two houses.
Of course you can live in two houses.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:15 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,434,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1921 View Post
I get the concept of freedom. I will live in all of these homes. I have a new solution. I will stop by my local airport and pick up one of those nice Citation business jets that no one is using (making it mine). I will just fly from property to property. I can now store all my new free cars at these homes, thanks to your new rules.

This new Winterfall World will work out great for me.
You don't, you make crazy suggestions in order to make anything but the laws you live by make sense.

People have property, they can even have deeds or paperwork to prove it. If you have a car outside, you can't take it as that belongs to someone. If you have a storage space that holds planes/cars or whatever it is shared by the entity that maintains that storage space.

You can only own what you can control, not something you can't. You can't for example own multiple homes that you don't live in, or cars that are stored elsewhere by people you pay.

That form of excess control leads to authoritarian power, unmitigated by natural limitations. How can someone own seven houses, multiple garages of cars, etc. if they don't have maintenance over it?

Ownership is not derived from purchase or paperwork, but the degree of control. If you want private property laws, that requires state force to maintain, and centralizes power into the hands of the wealthy.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1921 View Post
Of course you can live in two houses.
How?

Moving from place to place overtime is not the same thing as living.

If I live on a plot of land, and I own a house on the other-side of the country that is vacant, what right do I have to stop someone who does operate that land from settling there?

The key is to understand the artificial nature of private property laws.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
There are laws protecting private property rights. Yet, you're trying to destroy that.
They're artificial in nature meant to protect the collectivization of wealth.

For thousands of years people had to store and maintain what they owned, now authority is just granted to you by the state.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
No, not scary. Just completely pathetic. Scary would indicate that he had the ability to do something that may be detrimental to someone else. He has proven that he has NO ability to do ANYTHING! That is why he wants to deny others who DO things (like work) to acquire items that make their lives more enjoyable.

His envy of others is palpable. He cannot, or will not, put the effort into being successful enough to afford the things others have, so his fallback position is to advocate the evils of capitalism and private ownership.

The only thing scary about him is that he is not alone in his thinking.
Pathetic is itself a cowardly term.

People have lived by the rules of personal property for thousands of years, why would you want to give private power to a person to control property they don't use or maintain?

What, so they can charge people for using it, collectivize wealth, and produce no new labor themselves? Is that what you want?

Old 01-28-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
You don't, you make crazy suggestions in order to make anything but the laws you live by make sense.

People have property, they can even have deeds or paperwork to prove it. If you have a car outside, you can't take it as that belongs to someone. If you have a storage space that holds planes/cars or whatever it is shared by the entity that maintains that storage space.

You can only own what you can control, not something you can't. You can't for example own multiple homes that you don't live in, or cars that are stored elsewhere by people you pay.

That form of excess control leads to authoritarian power, unmitigated by natural limitations. How can someone own seven houses, multiple garages of cars, etc. if they don't have maintenance over it?

Ownership is not derived from purchase or paperwork, but the degree of control. If you want private property laws, that requires state force to maintain, and centralizes power into the hands of the wealthy.
I am just following the framework you laid out. I would live in each home, drive each car and keep them in one of my massive garages. I can maintain each of them myself. Are you changing up your rules again? I am just interested in getting all this free stuff! I just can’t believe I was foolish to work so hard all these years, when all I needed to do is follow the Winterfall Free Stuff Plan®️.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:34 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
No, this is your own confusion.

Personal property is what one has control over. You can store personal property and maintain it which makes it yours.

Land is something you live on, and hold your possessions in. You can own two cars if you maintain them, but you can't live in two houses.

You have a main residence which is your home. Otherwise you allow private power like real estate companies and corporate land owners to buy up the market, create a rent economy, and artificial rise prices for everyone.

Now that is unchecked unauthorized power.
So if I own a home (personal property) but leave in the morning for work (do not have control over), someone else can enter my home (gain control over) and live there? Do I have that right?

I don't believe it is anyone but you that is confused. Personal property is what you have earned, purchased, been gifted or inherited. Period. Limiting that with crazy "rules" means you have designs to steal what is my personal property.

You do understand that it's not just real estate companies and corporate land owners that own rental property, right? There are many everyday folks that own rental property, and rely on it for their income. Your pathological envy of successful people, and your insistence on making up wacky rules that make sense only to you doesn't change any of that.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:42 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,019,409 times
Quote:
Pathetic is itself a cowardly term.

People have lived by the rules of personal property for thousands of years, why would you want to give private power to a person to control property they don't use or maintain?

What, so they can charge people for using it, collectivize wealth, and produce no new labor themselves? Is that what you want?
Yeah... Those rules are try to take whats mine and I'll beat you over the head with a club... Oh! You're weaker? Great, give me your **** or I'm gonna grab my club.

You live in lala land. It's still like that today, just a bit more mild. Attaining success in life is only part of the challenge, maintaining it is even more of a challenge. There's always a long line of people waiting to pounce and tear what you've created up.

Old 01-28-2019, 12:25 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,572,211 times
I always wondered about goldfish which supposedly have no memory of what happened 5 seconds before. No doubt living in a little bowl and swimming through the same tunnel over and over thinking it’s a new tunnel.

I am now seeing what that is like with the op who can’t remember what he last posted or what someone already answered.

Old 01-28-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
How?

Moving from place to place overtime is not the same thing as living.

If I live on a plot of land, and I own a house on the other-side of the country that is vacant, what right do I have to stop someone who does operate that land from settling there?

The key is to understand the artificial nature of private property laws.
Is proximity an issue in Winterfall World? Okay. What if I have a condo on the beach and another house nearby, with family members using both properties? Is that okay in the Winterfall world or did I violate another one of your rules?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics