Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2008, 10:08 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,289,826 times

Advertisements

Everyone denied the Tech Bubble until it could not be denied any more. People denied the Housing Bubble until it could not be denied any more. But you cannot make money looking in your rear view mirror. The way to make money is to be ahead of the curve, so what is the next bubble? Clearly it is Commodities, with Oil being at the top of the list of those commodities. Like every previous bubble there is the usual mantra about how this time it is different, but it is not. It will follow the same rules of economics as every other bubble. What is different is that it is very possibly the last bubble we will see for some time simply because it will put the final nail in the consumer’s coffin. The bubble in Commodities should just about drain the last dollar out of most people’s pockets. What you are witnessing is economic evolution, an evolution that only the well informed will survive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 10:18 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
Everyone denied the Tech Bubble until it could not be denied any more. People denied the Housing Bubble until it could not be denied any more. But you cannot make money looking in your rear view mirror. The way to make money is to be ahead of the curve, so what is the next bubble? Clearly it is Commodities, with Oil being at the top of the list of those commodities. Like every previous bubble there is the usual mantra about how this time it is different, but it is not. It will follow the same rules of economics as every other bubble. What is different is that it is very possibly the last bubble we will see for some time simply because it will put the final nail in the consumer’s coffin. The bubble in Commodities should just about drain the last dollar out of most people’s pockets. What you are witnessing is economic evolution, an evolution that only the well informed will survive.
Hello. The money has no where else to go. And when there is too much money supply and a finite world of commodities, you know where to money is going. Essentially the Illuminati are trading in their worthless paper for all of the world's assets, and people are stupid enough to give them up for this paper. We are close to the second coming. This is why I believe this is the last straw. This is why I believe we are heading to a one world government. There will not be an evolution. There will not be a starting over. This will not be like the 1930's. We aren't going to be able to pick up the pieces and rebuild. It's essential at this point to secure things that will help you survive. Weapons, land, and other hard assets are the only things with real value. Being self sufficient is the only way to survive without accepting the mark and selling your soul to the world.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:36 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
I really doubt land ownership would mean anything without a small army to keep it. Also most of theose commodities are on paper only so tehy can burn or eat them. It like gold only worth what moey it brings. Soundes likie what ws siad in th30';60's'70's'80's to me by peole who thought the sky was falling also.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:41 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I really doubt land ownership would mean anything without a small army to keep it. Also most of theose commodities are on paper only so tehy can burn or eat them. It like gold only worth what moey it brings. Soundes likie what ws siad in th30';60's'70's'80's to me by peole who thought the sky was falling also.
They bank roll the world's governments. I'd say they've got the army. Hell, they don't even let the pee ons own weapons that could remotely defend an assault from the government. We'd have to wage a guerrilla war I guess.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:57 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Then I take it you mean the government ;don't see them buying many commidities or land. The wall street crowd wouldn't lnow where the saftey on a firearm is or how to open a can of soup much less stockpile food.Once things got that bad armies would mean little and a nation would be like it was in new orleans after Katrina.that was nothing like waht you describe but then things really are nothing compared to past problems. There are always peole who panc and talk panic as their are peole who beleive aliens rule the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics